Spyware allert pop-up!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Spyware allert pop-up!

Post by Lyecdevf »

I really have not received any pop-ups in a long time. Ever since I have been using firefox I do not seem to recall many events. However, today I have been googling a little bit and I got a pop up. I was surprised of course but there was another thing that struck me.

I always thought that these guys at least check what OS you are using before they advertise there software to you. Here I took a snapshot of there advertisement of anti-spyware software for windows of course while at the bottom you can see the KDE bar. It even told me that I have window based trojans on my linux box. It is just hilarious. So I thought of sharing that with you!

We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

O_o the first linux box to get windows spyware! Send the snapshot in an email to the company and see what they have to say for that. :lol:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

great.... :lol:

and yeah, you should contact the company and complain that their "great" scanner detected spyware but you can't install their app to remove it... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

haha priceless :lol:
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Please you must send this in to the company. Let us know what they say. Perhaps act as a noob in the letter to see how they try to squirm out of this using a technical justification.

I am laughing thinking about what might happen from this.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I am not going to contact them because I am sure they would not care. However, if any one of you want to on my behalf I have no problem with it.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal