mobile phone display :(

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Xonet

mobile phone display :(

Post by Xonet »

Well i was wondering if anybody knew if it's possible to replace the screen of a mobile phone yourself cuz repairing it costs more then the phone originally costs :(. Had the phone 1 week and dropped it :? result:broken screen :cry:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Hey Xonet... :wink:
Sure, it´s possible, I´ve done that already a couple of times with car stereo displays. But it can be a pain in the ass to find the right display, also replacing the display itself can be tricky, but it depends on how the display is connected (soldered or plugged).
Let me know what type of phone it is and I´ll look if I can find a display, I was a real electronics freak before I started with computers again so I still have some nice sources for spare parts.... :wink:

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

I've searched for it and found allmost all sony ericsson displays but i still haven't found it for mine, wich is a sony ericsson z200.
Thanks for the help :D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Bingo, found one! :D
http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/zubehoer/ ... -Z200.html
It´s a original one, just 45 Euro! It´s a german supplier, but shipping to other countries is no problem, even paying via paypal is possible.... :wink:

P.S. You get on the spareparts-list for the z200 with this link, I´ve sent you the direct link to the display via PM because the link is so long that it´s messing with the site layout.... :lol: