downloads

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
NiKaI

downloads

Post by NiKaI »

hi ppl i've downloaded some stuff that looked useful from the download section, only to discover that i couldn't unzip most of these . zip files. never had that problem before. i use winRAR. the error i got was 'unexpected file end'. please let me know what's wrong...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I experienced such errors with winrar too, but never again since I use 7zip.
http://www.7-zip.org/
it´s far better than winrar or winzip.... :wink:
but it also can happen because of a bad connection (caused by the server- or your side), so maybe you have to try again a little later.

emphyr

1 question

Post by emphyr »

how can i bypass my anti virus so i can run the programs from the download area ....... is it really all infected what i mean is are the virus builders the virus themselves that i get a warning evertime or did the author actually added a virus to it

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well,of course they´re not really infected so to open these zip-files isn´t dangerous, but virus scanners pick up any files that may cause harm to them too ("virusname hacktool"), you can exclude these files from the scan (depends on your antivirus application). But files like trojans or virus generators can´t be handled this way, you have to turn off your virus scanner completely. I guess you´re a beginner so the best is you use an extra computer for experiments with such files to be on the safe side. if you´re not having this opportunity be very careful what you do, some files may include a live virus as an example or something like that, so first check the READMEs if there is one included... :wink: