could 2012 be the end??

...let us know what you think, free speech!
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

could 2012 be the end??

Post by alien100 »

The Mayan calender ends on December the 21 , 2012
here are some links
http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/3848/2 ... from_rss=1
http://www.2012predictions.net/
http://www.december212012.com/articles/ ... n_2012.htm

even Nasa announced some of the astronomical/space predictions!!

nasas polar switch http://www.gvnr.com/74/3.htm
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ah dude come on ^^

My calendar ends in December 2007

The world will end in 2013 not 2012! and it will be the cows that will take over.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Roughly 75,000 years ago there was a big vulcanic explosion that blew into the atmosfere many kubic miles of ash. It completly covered the world over and there was little light for the next few years. It must have been to those humanoids that lived during that time the end of the world and for many it was. It is said that only 2000 homo sapiens survived that time. We almost went extinct. However, instead of making Africa our grave we left it and populated the world. Now there is more than 6 billion of use living on this planet. Actually in a couple of decades this planet wont be able to sustain us any more. So what will happen than?

I feel that 2012 is in a way going to be the end of the world but not in terms of military strugle. It is going to be the end because we are finally realize that we can not continue doing what we have been doing so far. Because if we do we are going to start destroying our self. The sea levels are already rising and sooner or later many cities build near the sea are going to start facing a lot of problems.

To face this problem we are going to have to do some serious thinking and most of all sacrificing. I am afraid that a lot of people are going to protest because they do not see any need for change. For instance the in the Bible it says that the world is for us to exploit it in any manner that we want to. The religious people who believe other wise have been marginalized.

This world is based upon the belief system that we exploit this planet and start saying that this is no longer fine than than the old system is going to die. That is in a way the end of the world even if not a single drop of blood is shed and singel bullet is fired. The first moment we as society come to realize that we have to make certain restrictions on the way we live the old way of life is going to die and we are never return back.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, if that calendar would be right we still have some extra years left, because actually it's not 2007 now, it's 2001 or something like that.
ok, now you might think "what is that weirdo talking about?"...but it's true, because some years have been skipped. it was about the year 998 (or something like that), the pope ordered one of the highest monks to calculate the exact birthday of Jesus Christ. and wooops...when he was done he "found out" Jesus was born some years earlier than the last calculation showed...and so they skipped some years in the calendar.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Life does not end tomorrow

Post by DNR »

It would be wrong to use a mechanical clock to measure until the end of the world.

Just like technology multiplies its process, the end of the world can jump forward the same way. All it takes is one new invention that can make technology growth even faster. The same applies to our situation, and therefore a clock is outdated. A new bomb, the wrong leader, and the process is accelerated.

There is a point when man loses all faith, when he believes all is lost.
Its called the point of no return. When you fly an airplane, when the fuel is less than what is needed to turn around and return to the airport - you've reached the point of no return. The same will happen to this planet, we'll reach a point where we cannot continue the way we are.

Too many people, too many minds, we all want whats best for me. As long as we are willing to get what we want, at the expense of other people, it goes on. One day, someone will want too much.

There will be survivors, some intentional, some accidental. I hope we leave them enough technology to rebuild.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I think that they made a mistake of 3 years. So the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar would come on the 2015, Unless they predicted that we would make a mistake of 3 years and it is in fact on the 2012.

Any way I believe that the end of the world wont come because of some war. Maybe America is going to Attack Iran and they would in return launch some rockets to hit Europe. In turn Nato would attack some other Arab regimes and a big war would start.

Well I do not believe in this sort of scenario. Instead I believe that there is going to be a gradual shift in the way we see the world and experience life in general that is going to bring a whole new mentality. In essence it is going to be the end of the world as we know it because the new generations wont live any more like we do but will see the planet in a different way.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

how to change a lifetime

Post by DNR »

How is society evolving? As a society of consumers, we have exploited every resource. (the bible said only to take what you need, not glut yourself on it) As we have gotten smarter, we learned how to exploit our resources faster. Instead of sharing in our fruits, we are selfish and greedy. Instead of learning how to do something smarter, we just did it cheaper.
Why learn how to recycle old computers, when you can ship it to china and let some street vendor burn it down for the copper wires, releasing toxins in the air, water, and ground. We'll buy that copper back, cheap.

Lye talks about society turning back on its old ways, and making changes to save the planet. How many lifetimes, generations of 1980's, 1990's. 2000's 'me' people to pass, until society changes its POV?

You can't blame this on the USA, that narrow minded thinking is every where. Everyone wants whats best for them, regardless of the cost, and no one is watching the clock.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

i beleive in my heart that this is just history repeating itself. How or why are questions i myself cannot answer. As has already been said it takes one person to change the full scale of events, and with the ozone deminishing fast it has now become more of a case of 'when' and not 'if'. Ice bergs are melting, temperatures are rising and while all this goes on we carry on using all of the natural resources available to us till one day there will be none....if mankind survives that long. Rain forrests disappearing is one of the biggest problems.

Another problem we face is as already mentioned, the fact that the land we live on is even giving way and disappearing into the sea's. Here in the uk there has been a number of occassions where landmarks have had to be moved for safety.(A lighthouse has has to be moved at one point)

K back to the point where i say history is repeating itself. Ever heard of Atlantis, the lost world? I will use this as an example not as proof or anything else, just my own concept. If there ever was or is a land underwater that was once lived on but isnt here now how could that happen. Well my concept is if that maybe we have already had an axis change position of the earth. It takes one great chunk of the ice in the artic to cause this slip of the axis and it looks like it getting ready to happen again. The warnings are there for us already.....tsunami is one of many.

Yes we can all do our bit to stop carbon footprints etc but it has to be down to the governments to start taking steps in the right directions. I am the first to admit i drive a fuel guzzling 4X4 but there again it gets used for what its meant for.....off roading so i would not manage well without it but then the government say theyt are putting road TAX up to 400 pound a year then put fuel up to top it off yet i can get a flight to anywhere in the world for that.

China uses as much coal in a week as the whole of the uk uses in a year. We can go on and on blaming one thing or another but the truth is when will goverments act to the situation.......when its too late!!!!

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Let me say this again. I believe that the end of the world is going to come from the internal as opposed to the external. I do not believe that there is going to be a war and is going to change our ways. I believe that we are going to come to a conclusion one day when we are going to realize that the old patterns of life can no longer be sustained in the future. So than we are going to have to change the way we live on this world, see the world and experience life and when that happens in effect it is going to be the end of the world on a level of the mind.

I am not saying that we are going to turn back the clock. Actually I believe that we are going to start using technologies that are just being developed to survive and sustain our selves. Because fossil fuels are running out and we are going to need new technology to sustain our selves.
- Hannibal

alien100

Post by alien100 »

Nothing might happen to the population or the people BUT if the poles shift that could affect technology STRONGLY that means no electricity then that means no hospitals and if there is no hospitals diseases and epidemics will spread. We have evolved so much that we only depend on technology and without it we will be in serious trouble!!

In every piece of technology there is a magnet, its build to work the way earths magnetic field is set right now (N,S) but when it shifts technology will stop working because i.e N and N = repel (reject) i think its set as N and S = attract (work).
e.g It will confuse the magnets in technology witch will cause them to malfunction imo!

Also due to the poles shifting the earths magnetic field could break and the earth could stop spinning.. and maybe even the ozone layer will break too that means the suns rays and all sorts of radiation will have no problem passing into our athmosphere causing problems and who knows what.

check these videos out guys

:?
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

bad_brain wrote:um, if that calendar would be right we still have some extra years left, because actually it's not 2007 now, it's 2001 or something like that.
ok, now you might think "what is that weirdo talking about?"...but it's true, because some years have been skipped. it was about the year 998 (or something like that), the pope ordered one of the highest monks to calculate the exact birthday of Jesus Christ. and wooops...when he was done he "found out" Jesus was born some years earlier than the last calculation showed...and so they skipped some years in the calendar.
And..I doubt this is the only change that's been made to our calendar.
eh..maybe the Mayans were narrow-minded and thought that the world couldn't possibly last past 2012. Like "okay...we can stop counting now this is pointless"

...lol
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

alien100 wrote:Nothing might happen to the population or the people BUT if the poles shift that could affect technology STRONGLY that means no electricity then that means no hospitals and if there is no hospitals diseases and epidemics will spread. We have evolved so much that we only depend on technology and without it we will be in serious trouble!!

In every piece of technology there is a magnet, its build to work the way earths magnetic field is set right now (N,S) but when it shifts technology will stop working because i.e N and N = repel (reject) i think its set as N and S = attract (work).
e.g It will confuse the magnets in technology witch will cause them to malfunction imo!

Also due to the poles shifting the earths magnetic field could break and the earth could stop spinning.. and maybe even the ozone layer will break too that means the suns rays and all sorts of radiation will have no problem passing into our athmosphere causing problems and who knows what.

check these videos out guys

:?
lmao. yeah i highly doubt some mayan mumbo jumbo will affect
anything more than your head spinning.

the atmosphere dosent have anything to do with the earth spinning
this aint no superman movie!
if earth shifts with a degree we all fucking die.
for that to happen we need a lot more than a meteor to hit us.
mayans miscalculated.

meh life is too short to worry about an insanely impossible disaster
driven by weed smokers back in the day. common be serious.

its not the mayans im worried. Global warming is more real than that.
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

laughing till the end

Post by DNR »

Forget global warming, its a suicide bomber with a breast full of semtex and nails.
:lol:

Hodads from hell

DNR
-

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I think that the end of the world is going to come with out a single drop of blood shed. It is already happening as we speek. The end wont come in the form of a bomb, plague, or global worming. The end is not going to come from an external source but from an internal one.

All of the powers in todays world have means of preventing plagues, wars, and terrorism. We could even get rid of a meteorite that was to impact earth. However, we are decaying from inside. Our morality is at an all time low. You hear that from the Church all the time. If families are any leverage in society than we have lost that leverage and we are floating around with no purpose or direction.

On top of that it is our egos that are driving us to the edge. We want bigger cars, cheaper housing, tastier food, better products, more beauty, extreme sports, scandal, plastic surgery,...and we want to work less. It does not compute! The average man want to come home and get dinner, than he wants drive take a ride to a football game but do not want to pay too much for gasoline, and than he wants to watch a good movie or what ever. His wife wants to look better than she did 20 years ago and wants to spend hours on end in the tanning studio. If for some reason some these things become unavailable or more expensive you do not need a meteorite it is going to be over as soon as you get mass rioting. Believe me this world is on the edge and the only thing that is keeping it from tilting over is a strong economy but once the gasoline becomes more expensive you have already seen what happened in Burma and Iran. It is only a matter of time that this same thing is going to happen in LA or New York and once it starts there the world is going to disintegrate before our eyes.
- Hannibal

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

The Mayan calender had to end sometime, who knows if the world ends, after 2012 the Mayan calender contuses after 2012 then how can the world end, who knows if it ends, the world, 99 % probably it won't. :wink: