Internet Explorer Popup

Questions about programming languages and debugging
beautymakes

Internet Explorer Popup

Post by beautymakes »

I want to create a program that runs in the background and opens a new IE window everytime the user opens IE. I'm trying to figure out the best way to approach this problem. i want to hide the process or disguise it similar to a trojan and keylogger. what language should i code in, it seems VB and C++ are the best right now for it. what do you guys suggest

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

vb not a lang so im thinkin c++

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Learning a whole language just for one small purpose like this one, is pretty stupid in my opinion, and most likely you wont get anywhere.

You need to be interested in the language and really in to learning it.

Anyway, i'm with mo2332 on this one ^^ C++ is the way to go imo
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, C++ is the one.....or Perl. check the downloads for wwwshell, it's pretty exact the thing you want to code, it's written in Perl and binds a reverse shell to IE so the process is not showing up.

beautymakes

Post by beautymakes »

thanks for the help so far, java is what i normally use but it dosent seem it would be good for this. I looked at the wwwshell perl code, i understand some of it but not all, i really just want to hide the process, i dont need backdoor access, which alot of that code seems to be doing.

I took a shot at making it in C++ and i got a very basic one working, though the process is still visible, but its easy to rename to something less obvious. here are some ideas i have that would make it difficult to detect, im sure they arent the most orginal but just tell me if they are feasible or not.

i was thinking of making it shutdown whenever the user presses ctrl alt del, to make it difficult to spot in the task manager, and it would just restart on a reboot. i could check the name of running processes and rename it to something similar to one that is running. i dont need it to be aggressive and constantly be displaying popups and running, so these simple things should be enough.

i also looked at more advanced techniques like binding it to another process and other tricks to make the process invisible but they are difficult to implement, they might be abit out of my skillset atm.

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

mo2332 wrote:vb not a lang so im thinkin c++
vb is a language :lol:

i think maybe C#.net , VB.net , Turbo Delphi :wink: