Unusual jobs

...let us know what you think, free speech!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Unusual jobs

Post by computathug »

So i was reading an article on cheer10's that circuit posted and it got me thinking to another post on here where i posted pics of some of the trucks i drive etc and the jobs i do at the moment. Circuit also mentioned that he had done some unusual jobs
quote :
So recently I was at this side job…I have a knack of finding odd fun jobs to do for example I’ve worked:

at a slaughter house

demolishing buildings

and even milking cows…

This got me thinking, damn ive had some different types of jobs through my short :oops: life so far that i thought i might make a list. I hear people all the time saying there's no work, but there's always work if ya know how to find it ...or more to the point, if ya want it.

I would never lower my self to a mcjob (added to the oxford dictionary in which mcdonalds opposed against) cleaning toilets or what ever but i have pushed my self to SOME limits. i shall even name the year in which i was doing the specified title. my first job was at 13 and when that started spending money stopped. What i earned was mine which from that day probably gave me the drive to earn money no matter what. If i had none go out and earn it...one way or another XD

87: paper round on thursday and sunday
88: paper round early mornings daily
89: papers mornings, Sundays( which was a separate round) and evenings. Worked in hair dressers washing the towels at the laundry which i dropped off on my way to do the papers. After the papers which i delivered in town, i then cleaned up in a butchers, then dropped the towels off back at the hairdressers on the way home. On a saturday i also cleaned 12 rottweilers kennels out at a farm and had to walk them. This was in the morning after the early papers and between the next delivery and the towels and the butchers shop. I also worked behind a counter in a chinese take away from 7pm till 9 pm 3 nights a week. Friday night i was a punk dj in a pub.
89/90: left school trained to be a butcher which i also started to learn while cleaning so had a better start at college than most. (also won sausage national competitions lol )
90/91 : worked in a slaughter house and part time making wheels on brackets in which you place kitchen appliances on for easy movement. boring but paid. Saturdays loading cookers on lorries.
91/94: I worked in 21 different butchers in this time. It was a well known record in our local town =)
95/98: was spent at her majesty's pleasure XD. I never worked a day and devoted all my time to studying and sport. This was the start of my resurrection to the pc world since my days on a spectrum 48k+ and i did get an A for GCSE in IT at school. I got 8 in total although i hardly went to school in the last 2 years i was excluded from school and no other school would let me in. They gave me the offer of 6 months to do it in and the use of the computer room to do it all on as my writing not the best, in the hours the room was free. I took the chance and got 8 GCSE's all ranging from A-C and one D which i wasn't interested in, which was history which i quite like now =P. Bk to what i studied:
clait
btec in business management
btec in IT
Btec in supervisory management
ok so i came out of there and i could build databases use excel etc but it were not exactly as i planed to do and the only thing hmp was to do was make me a bigger member of the underground society than i ever cared to be. From the age of 13 i was also known as Arthur daily..... a dodgy car dealer. Yeah, i learned how to be a good middle man, a fence they call it these days.
98/99: University to do HND Business IT and Maths
99/2000: Moved 250 miles and found a squat to live in and went to work in an office for an ice-cream supplier.
2000/01: I was in a pub having a few beers and over heard someone selling licenses for machine driving at £150.... il have one of them please. Never drove nothing bigger than a van before and it cant be that hard. Yup it worked and that must be the biggest blag i have pulled this decade. Worked on some big projects, the biggest was building and erecting a copperdam and a flood barrier on the river thames.
02: Sat 2 courses, confined spaces and high pressure jetting and went to work cleaning sewers out. Yeah not everyones cup of tea but theres a well know saying ' where there's muck there's money ' :lol:
03:plant machine operator. worked with Oxford Archaeological team doing digs on old known Roman and Saxon reservations. Never found any gold coins :cry: Got paid off some guy with a metal detector for info on every site i did so he could visit in the night.
04: Sandwich shop owner and a coffee shop owner (yeah i was hoping for new legalizations like in Holland lol) Started pc repair business from home
05: public house tenancy (yup i nearly drank it dry....good job i was busy)
06/07: Just got the pc business still going now and am in the process of taking over a butchers shop.

And during all this time i became good at covering my tracks, counter surveillance, body language...and gained the ability to assess any situation in seconds every where i go. I learned to be a good middle man, how to move in different circles and most of all how to earn money. I have set up companies for people to be able to move shipping containers all around the country without being tagged. I have friends in all walks of life from the main people in each city to solicitors, accountants and many many more. I am more infamously known as ' the lovable rogue '

My time is up now, as you have to look at the advantages and disadvantages of everything. If the bad out weigh the good then don't do it. I am 34 years old and don't want to be spending 20 years in prison so made a clean break and am now trying to be totally legal. :wink:

To me i look at this and think i have done more than most people will do in a lifetime all in a short period of time. I have also thought about putting all my energy just to one project but i like to keep my options open. A finger in everyones pie. For everything to work, it has to have a mold whatever it is your doing. If the foundations are week, the project is week. Plan everything and most of all "be good , if ya cant be good, be careful"

peace
Last edited by computathug on 07 Dec 2007, 10:09, edited 4 times in total.

Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Oppconsulting »

dam computathug you have been around!!!!

me pretty much the same I started off in janitorial and became a supervisor of a couple of accounts what a pain in the ass!!! stripping and waxing no floors jackasses thats a pain in the ass too especially in a 24hour grocery store where every dumbass in the world wants to go across your yellow tape and ruin your wax job then I have done cheese factory's hot cold nasty jobs break your back then I have done vending machine wielding try having a 600 pound spot wielder break the crane its on and rip your shoulder out of socket not a good night but I poped it in and went on with work!!! then I was security at 5 or more companies and then became alarm response officer working with the police and getting training with them to become a sheriff in the future but the I got attacked and hit on the side of the road one night and now am too screwed up to do that crap or most any job anymore and theres dozens in between that I did not list I have had about 100 or more jobs so I have done pretty much everything except fast food even did pizza hut for a while and dump truck for the housing authority nasty job later have fun all

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

what you do, tells who you are

Post by DNR »

Since I came from a well-to-do family I also had opportunity to do exciting jobs, that didn't pay well sometimes. I always went to jobs that gave me freedom or fed my adrenalin.

I worked crowd control for music venues like the Palace of Auburn Hills, or Pine Knob. Thats rock concerts with over 44,000 people.

Every college I have been to, I worked for. It was a good political move, because teachers gave extra points to me just because I worked there too. The best job was the crime lab assistant job, since I had keys and access to places that many did not. I sneaked in my girlfriend to the high security laser lab, and porked her there while classes were going on. The Dean of Public Safety has ex-military intelligence and had me do trusted jobs like pick up top secret blueprints for a new courthouse in Detroit, or deliver papers to government offices in lansing. When I was hired to be campus police for the next college, it was for the same reasons. I also exploited my privilege, I busted drug dealers that dissed me, and protected the ones that took care of me, quietly.
I even worked security as a hired gun to sit on a grocery store in the worst neighborhood in Detroit. Beach Patrol for nice white neighborhoods. Loss prevention for stores. Riding my mtn bike around a construction site in the middle of nowhere. Security for hotels during holidays (new years is nice, lots of free booze to confiscate)
I did illegal stuff too, long in my past, past the statue of limitations. I guess I was 'the transporter', since I had access to nice cars, fast cars, and even stolen cars. Money was money, but then I never liked criminals too much. I was just a mercenary, free-lancer. Drug dealing, larceny, fights and shooting shit up.
My life had been about quick money and excitement. Working security put me where the fights would be, so I got to fight legal. Jobs took me where I needed information or privileges. When I worked private security, the uniforms, weapons, and vehicle just allowed me to hide from the cops.
I never took sides, good guys or bad guys, I always looked out for number one - me. I was loyal only when the money was there. Strictly mercenary, nothing personal. Some people thought they had my loyalty, but it was just a front.

Now, things changed. My job I have, is more for honor than money. Just once in my life I want to do the right things, for the right reasons.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

at times ive thought it folly to go a singular career path devoting ones life to one area of study...

to achieve and excel within multiple fields of expertise is enlightening and wise...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Damn thats some work history i have and DNR thems some mighty fine jobs you had there. Wish they would put a gun in my hand, id be the best security they ever had. I would save a lot of tax payers money which we pay out every year for the scums of the earth to go to prison. I could then be know as 'vigilantony' :lol: But then again, no chance of that ever happening, lifetime bans are hard to get rid of 8)

sternbildchen

Re: what you do, tells who you are

Post by sternbildchen »

DNR wrote:Since I came from a well-to-do family I also had opportunity to do exciting jobs, that didn't pay well sometimes. I always went to jobs that gave me freedom or fed my adrenalin.

I worked crowd control for music venues like the Palace of Auburn Hills, or Pine Knob. Thats rock concerts with over 44,000 people.

Every college I have been to, I worked for. It was a good political move, because teachers gave extra points to me just because I worked there too. The best job was the crime lab assistant job, since I had keys and access to places that many did not. I sneaked in my girlfriend to the high security laser lab, and porked her there while classes were going on. The Dean of Public Safety has ex-military intelligence and had me do trusted jobs like pick up top secret blueprints for a new courthouse in Detroit, or deliver papers to government offices in lansing. When I was hired to be campus police for the next college, it was for the same reasons. I also exploited my privilege, I busted drug dealers that dissed me, and protected the ones that took care of me, quietly.
I even worked security as a hired gun to sit on a grocery store in the worst neighborhood in Detroit. Beach Patrol for nice white neighborhoods. Loss prevention for stores. Riding my mtn bike around a construction site in the middle of nowhere. Security for hotels during holidays (new years is nice, lots of free booze to confiscate)
I did illegal stuff too, long in my past, past the statue of limitations. I guess I was 'the transporter', since I had access to nice cars, fast cars, and even stolen cars. Money was money, but then I never liked criminals too much. I was just a mercenary, free-lancer. Drug dealing, larceny, fights and shooting shit up.
My life had been about quick money and excitement. Working security put me where the fights would be, so I got to fight legal. Jobs took me where I needed information or privileges. When I worked private security, the uniforms, weapons, and vehicle just allowed me to hide from the cops.
I never took sides, good guys or bad guys, I always looked out for number one - me. I was loyal only when the money was there. Strictly mercenary, nothing personal. Some people thought they had my loyalty, but it was just a front.

Now, things changed. My job I have, is more for honor than money. Just once in my life I want to do the right things, for the right reasons.

DNR
No need to answer if you don't want. It's the Internet anyway. ^^

Seems like you had a pretty exiting life. What's your job right now?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I left construction work, humping kitchen and laundry appliances into new condos and apartments, 24 units at a time. I enjoyed that job, the physical aspects, not having to shave, and being allowed to yell and throw things at coworkers.
I started working at this big hospital, as a nurse assistant. I work on a cardiac unit, which makes it a high pressure unit over all the other kinds of units. No one else in the hospital would hire me, most of the staff are female. But my boss saw skillz in me and took a chance, hiring a computer geek, ex-security/bouncer, the crime lab experience was a bonus I guess. After three years here, it turns out my ability to multitask, use the hospital computers and figure out all the tricky electronic devices, my ability to think fast and make a decision quick, based on facts not emotion, its like I can hack people in a hospital setting now.

I really do wonder what my chances were, to be a regular sysadmin, or network tech. I am glad I didn't get all focused on just computers, I studied everything I could get my hands on. I wanted to not just hack computers, but myself, and maybe the world.

Three years ago, I could explain how to subnet an IP, or how to build a rackmount to ISO/MIL spec, and I couldn't tell you much about the human body. Today, I could write a two page tut on cardiac issues and treatment. Yesterday, I could rebuild a server, today, I can save a human life. I actually have family giving me cash tips, or seeking me out from other parts of the hospital asking me to visit, or say a prayer over their dead family member.

Three years ago, I probably could care less about saving someone's life. I was more of a life-taker. Kill them all, and let God sort them out.

This is just another Mercenary mode, I had to respond to circumstance, and readjust myself to stay alive.

Some people saw my work experience as exciting. What it was realistic, I always liked to be on the front lines of life happening. I couldn't see myself as a part of some paper-pushing machine, I wanted to be real. I couldn't be one of those people that say "Oh, I read about that..", I had to be the one that said "Yea, I did that..."

People talk about death, I am working right along side death. And what better way for me to learn to hack myself.

If I ever figure it out, I'll write a tut for my special friends online.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Mine jobs are as follows

Burger Flipper
Pizza Driver
Foot Locker
Automotive College 1 year Drop out
Military - Fire Fighter, Shit Chaser, Nuke Welder and Flight Crew
Pipe Welder at a local company and Sheet Metal
Pot Farmer 4 years
Busted for Marijuana and electronic explosives
Move after successful completion of probation into a mental ward
3 years of mental evaluation I am now sane
Enrolled into college again
Fast food again while in school
Electronics Engineer
Currently employed and doing very well in all faucets of life

:P

Damn signature will not work for me :?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

floodhound2 wrote:Pot Farmer
Hmmm.....My counselor never told me about that one. That bastard probably is doing it him self!:lol:
floodhound2 wrote:
Busted for Marijuana and electronic explosives
Move after successful completion of probation into a mental ward
3 years of mental evaluation I am now sane

Oh, man those must have been some crazy years. What are electronic explosives?

P.S. The signature wont work for me either. I have to ask b_b to do it!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

The electronic explosives were basically an explosive devices ignited by either a radio controlled apparatus, or some type of electronic hack that i did.
:-99. I have always had the hacker mentality mostly in the arena of electronics, more so during that period of my life. I would take something apart and figure out how to make it do things it was not designed to do.

I have made several destructive devices including a rocket launcher that used shot gun primers, 2 9volt batteries, toilet plumbing, salt peter and sugar.

All my explosives were used for fun mostly blowing up trees, or for 4th of July.
[-X
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ