Displaying pages in drupal

All about creating websites!
MusicOnlineCentre
forum buddy
forum buddy

Displaying pages in drupal

Post by MusicOnlineCentre »

Im trying to design a little project that I may be able to join to my main site as an extra feature but im having a bit of trouble. I am using the Content manager - Drupal and so far I have basically got it to a stage where Im hapy for the moment but the idea of this project is that users can register, and then add pages with the content being their favourite lyrics. If you visit my page http://lyrics.musiconlinecentre.com , you can get a better idea but the problem is, after i login as a made up user, I then can add a page, call it a artist name and put in my lyrics and save the page but then i cant work out how to make it so that the user can then access and view the page they jst made. At the moment the oly way i can view the page i made in the user account is by logining in as the admin and viewing via the admin control. Not sure if anyone has an experience in content managment or drupal but any help would be much appreciated.

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

i feel bad for u drupal is hell

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

I dont have very much usage experience with the Drupal CMS, however, for what your trying to accomplish a Wiki type web app like MediaWiki may be more suitable...

MusicOnlineCentre
forum buddy
forum buddy

Ah ok I have only just sort of started with drupal, there is a few different types of CMS I could use, but I will look at the one you suggested, thanks.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I have also no experience with Drupal, but what you want to do sounds also like a job for Wordpress...it's no problem in Wordpress to let (registered) users create their own pages, so maybe you want to check it out. I have worked a lot with WP already, so if you have problems just ask... :wink:

MusicOnlineCentre
forum buddy
forum buddy

I noticed with WordPress that I can set new registered users to be able to write a post, which in a way is fine, but for the users to add a page they have way to much control, they can edit other pages and comments and delete pages and etc. Also any content that a user creates such as a page or a post, it shows up to every user. Although this would be fine in a way where I could try to build a database of sorts, allowing users to add posts of songs to categories as in artists starting with "A" , "B" , etc, but there is already so many sites which have a massive datatbase of songs.

The main aim of my project was to allow users to login to their own personal account and then save their lyrics, as posts or pages or w.e. When they log out it simply goes back to the main Lyrics Centre page for example. And when someone else logs in to their own account they dont see the lyrics that other people added to theirs, just their own personal stuff. ATM the only way I can see this being possible is to manually create a subdirectory for each user who signs up for registering, and then allowing them to upload a file say a .txt file and then somehow having that file list on a i-frame window and allow the user to make their own playlist of lyrics for example.

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

in drupal i think it under site configureation user permisons