Post by ayu »

Why are you shouting?

- DNR - original poster deleted his post, sorry for the confusion
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

i can that means every one has had sumthing happen to them in the past and the live to fix it and thefore there living in past.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

think about it..unless your psychic and see into the future or have a crystal ball then we cant see the future. Even as you read the words and i spoke them direct it would always, thats always be in the past. It cant even be the present time to be exact as the second (or smallest time measurement there is if ya want to get philosophical about it). If i was speaking to you the words are already in the past before you hear them. Hope this makes it clearer and next time you use caps i will not reply. You have been a member here for long enough for a noob stunt like that even with your super Computer Manager status and your unbelievable post count.

One thing i will say is you r English has improved 200 fold since you started posting here. keep up the good work

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

kohai

Post by DNR »

Time was discussed in this way during a Jiu jitsu class.

The teacher was trying to get us to understand "no mind".

You can't really decide what technique you will use on a attacking opponent. Because there is no time for that.

The past is the past, done. The "now' moment is the present moment, but it is gone by the time you think or react to 'now'. So you are never really in the present moment.
The future is decided by many other things, your planning is one.

The "No Mind" was the state of mind, a pure state of mind, of not reacting to the present moment, but reacting to the future. The reaction will be instinct, in the trained fighter.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

If you made a post yesterday, and I read it today, I am reading the past

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

many people tend to get stuck in their past because they are worried about missed opportunities and other errors they made....but this only keeps them away from evolving.
past: what you should learn from
present: what you should enjoy
future: what you should look forward to

a lifetime of 80 years is not really much (wohoo, almost halftime for me already, I hope there will be a show with cute cheerleaders :lol: ), so time is too precious to waste it with pointless questions like "what would have been if I would have....".

:wink: