Own a botnet now!

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

you can't afford to find out sucka

Post by DNR »

ignorance is not a defense.

First to clarify:
As used in this section—
(1) the term “computer” means an electronic, magnetic, optical, electrochemical, or other high speed data processing device performing logical, arithmetic, or storage functions, and includes any data storage facility or communications facility directly related to or operating in conjunction with such device, but such term does not include an automated typewriter or typesetter, a portable hand held calculator, or other similar device;
who knowingly and with intent to defraud, accesses a protected computer without authorization, or exceeds authorized access, and by means of such conduct furthers the intended fraud and obtains anything of value, unless the object of the fraud and the thing obtained consists only of the use of the computer and the value of such use is not more than $5,000 in any 1-year period;
The first version of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (1984) did NOT make it illegal just to access a computer or view its data, but that was changed in 1996, in the National Information Infrastructure Act. Unauthorized access to a computer or network, viewing its data, is a crime.

If there is not enough shit the feds can throw at you, then they'll use the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, as that provides punishment for unauthorized access to a communication device, the internet connected computer, or webcam (gee)

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitep ... l/1446.php

You dont even compare to Linsey Lohan, she might have spent only an hour in jail, but you bet she paid out a lot in fines. You think rich people got off, but you never heard how much they had to pay for top notch lawyers and fines to make the courts happy. Believe me, just get a drunk driving ticket in your state.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: you can't afford to find out sucka

Post by Lyecdevf »

DNR wrote: If there is not enough shit the feds can throw at you, then they'll use the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, as that provides punishment for unauthorized access to a communication device, the internet connected computer, or webcam (gee)
Haha! You suplied us with google dorks to webcams and now you are giving me a lesson about computer security because I posted a link to a bot that has been already posted on another forum and checked out there by other info/sec minded people!:D
DNR wrote:Having been through so many close calls, and being alive, I feel numb and jaded at the same time. I feel numb because I have learned another truth about our human nature, and it usually sucks. I feel jaded, because another incident killed something inside of me. Memories of violence seem to linger more than memories of love.

I have gone through the board looking for some of your good writing to make my case but found only this. I was looking for some thing you wrote about taking a chance and the risks involved in that. At least that I seem to remember some thing of that nature that you talked about in one of the treads that I can not find now. Any way I took a risk! I took a calculated risk. If they come to arrest me let them do it. I have had many close calls in life just like you. That is what life is all about if I could not handle that I guess I could just as well hind under my bed covers all day long, munch Doritos and watch TV.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Lyecdevf - Don't take offense to what we are saying. We are simply pointing out the risks associated with accessing such things. You see, this board is open to numerous people, some of which, don't know any associated risk with accessing the aforementioned. I was pointing out the fact that it is INDEED illegal, and how there is a huge crackdown on botnets right now. FACT.

Also, I went to point out that it is my beliefs that this is skiddish, opposed to actual hacking. You see, I am not pointing out any faults with your actions. I am just giving both sides to the story. Yes, you can access the bots, but just know the possible repercussions to such actions. Perhaps this will even prompt someone to employ mitigations before accessing the bots, so that they cover their tracks.

Anyway, realise this is a debate and not an attack - which I think you are perceiving this as.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

I dont care!

Post by DNR »

lolz, two fucking rule to blow you away.

1. I am not the same person I was yesterday.
2. Do as I say, and not as I do.

Take it anyway you want.

DNR

<<edit later date>>

The thread started out with education in mind, the chance to play with a botnet (or webcam).

The problem I had was then the thread changed to opinions of law, which we would be remiss in our jobs not to clarify with facts. It is indeed illegal to even access a computer or network with out privilege, even if you do nothing but look.
The other issue is that the us government/law enforcement does not play by the rules - that is wrong, and if you know your laws regarding your hacking activities, you'll stay out of jail longer. Just a fact.

<<<end edit>>>
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Big-E wrote:Anyway, realise this is a debate and not an attack - which I think you are perceiving this as.
I am actually glad that this turned into a debate. I have posted a while back an XSS vulnerability for Facebook and no one took notice.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

i saw it
it was patched though
it was posted everywhere

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

too shitfaced to type

Post by DNR »

#-o
Did somebody mention facebook?

DNR

I am an Admin.
-

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

yeah,thats where kevin rudd apparently gets his friends from