picture file + file ?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

picture file + file ?

Post by nightkid »

hey all.
had a question about combining a .jpeg/.bmp file with another file (.bat to be exact) i ran across a small code i thought would be a cute prank that shuts down the opener's computers right after popping up your personal message.
just sending the .bat file would be fine but for shock effect, even the most computer illiterate people i know are aware that .bat isnt a image file, i'd like to say pop that file behind a .jpg so when they click view the picture it triggers the command.
is there a simple program to do this or would you use a sort of compiler?
also if you use a compiler or hex (im guessing, new to programming and that sort) would you have to add more code than just the "prank code" to trigger so when the picture was opened it would execute the .bat file?
thanks for replies.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

that would be stenography if im correct.

There was a bug in windows Xp that allowed these kinds of pranks but it got fixed I think.

nonetheless I have never seen a program able to do what u request.

maybe some 1 else has?.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

we call them file binders.. most of the AVs detect these "binded files" easily, but yes maybe a custom .bat script may go undetectable. Atleast for a computer novice.. binders are all over the internet, you should be able to find them easily if you do some search on google.
But be careful sometimes these binders are themselves trojans

Also i dont think here at suck-o we entertain such pranks, as our interest lies in more complex security issues and intellectual stuff.
Last edited by pseudo_opcode on 03 Jan 2008, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

n3rd wrote:that would be stenography if im correct.
its steganography and not stenography, which is something completely different, its art of hiding a message within another message

read more about it here

the reason for double post is that i m talking about two different things.. i dont like to mix up things...

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

thanks for replies.
i saw some binders online before but the ones i saw were just joining two exe. files.
thanks for the link.
and didnt want to just know how to do this just for a prank, i figure something that simple should be easy to learn and shutting off a computer would be a good response back that it was successful. :)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
n3rd wrote:that would be stenography if im correct.
its steganography and not stenography, which is something completely different, its art of hiding a message within another message

read more about it here

the reason for double post is that i m talking about two different things.. i dont like to mix up things...
THIS IS RETARDLAND.

leave me be :P.

But I meant what u wrote Pseud.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]