What do you know about this guy-Stephan Ducharme

All about creating websites!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

What do you know about this guy-Stephan Ducharme

Post by computathug »

I was chatting to a friend earlier and she designs websites for a living. She sent me a link to look at and has asked me my opinion. Here is the link

Code: Select all

http://www.contactthem.com/affiliateprogram.php?a=&w=&aref=&s=
Just from a simple search i found this guy to me to be nothing but a scam artist. Has anyone heard of this guy and have any info on him. I have done some searching and found info like he was a millionaire at 31 and a lot of people think he is a con man. I have also done a whois lookup for the address, phone number, ip etc so am not after anything like that just if anyone knows anything about him then i would like to here about it!

His name is Stephan Ducharme so if this guy is a scam artist then dish the dirt guys, Id like to hear your opinions :wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Lol, they are offering to pay you up to $4,800/month to add our links on your website for 1 month!* It sure sounds like a scam!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

this is a pyramide scam,

how dumb can people be?.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

It talks about a popular program but it does not say what it is and to download it you need to give personal info. How am I supposed to know if they have a version for linux too?
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

*You are NOT paid per click, per impressions or for the period of time our banner is exposed on your website; you are paid per sale generated.
ok, let's say you have a site with 100,000 visitors a day, maybe 5000 click on the ad and maybe 2 really buy something....so in the end you will still have more benefits when using google ads because they pay per click and not per sale.

not worth it imo....and the fact I have never heard of them is also pretty suspicious, I mean, they talk about being as big as google ads.
my recommendation: hands off... :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Stephan Ducharme, the internet fraud

Post by DNR »

I heard of the name before,
the guy is a dot.com bust. He only made money by promising a product, that only existed in his mind, and only for his benefit. He could hawk his false promises on late night tv too.

Here are a couple of articles and other forum threads on him (not to be confused with SUN director with the same name)

===========

OnlyCritiques.com Review:

Stephen Ducharme is one of the new kids on the block. Over the last couple of years he has claimed that he is the free ad guru that gets about 20,000 visitors to his web site a day. He claims his unique style and sales copy is what keeps his orders coming in all day long. Mr. Ducharme claims to get all of his traffic without spending money for advertising.

However, in his sales letter you'd swear that he found a push button goldmine that will get millions of visitors to your site without some blood, sweat, and tears. I know marketers tend to exaggerate a little, but I believe he goes a little overboard. But we'll cut Mr. Ducharme some slack here. He says that his course will show you how to achieve all of these visitors to your site without spending money on advertising. His methods are based on getting high rankings in google and other search engines.

One thing I have found out about his course is that people loved it or hated it. The people that hated it I think were under the impression that this is some magic pill and traffic will just instantly appear. But those of us who have made money on the internet realize that the magic pill just doesn't exist.

The following is an experience of one of his customers:

1) “The scoop: Mr. Ducharme isn't a bad guy, and has some good material, I just don't think it's a big secret as some may claim. Just before the holidays, I received several emails from the firm of the above named individual and after considerable thought my wife and I decided to become members by sending him the amount of money he requested <95.41 in euro>. I received the manual and over the holidays I had the opportunity to study the material.

After the holidays and with him telling us how wealthy he is and about his lake and home and expensive car, I was lured to believe that this may be a good opportunity to enrich my economic situation (I'm a Doctor) so I signed up sending him an additional 34.euro or 39.00euro I believe< The credit card of course would turn it into dollars>

I received the so called welcome letter and instructions as to how to proceed reassuring me that if I had any problems to contact them.

I started to put the plan together and did run into some technical problems for I'm not a computer genius and decided to contact the firm. I waited a day, then 2days, wrote again, wrote to the finance ClickBank Receipt#IVC8JV3J ($97.00USD) for help and of course the ClickBank rightfully said they cannot help me. I wrote to AWeber (Company recommended by them) and again I was told that they could not help me.

Finally I sent an email requesting a refund since what he promised did not occur. NO RESPONSE!! I sent a second email requesting a refund! No RESPONSE again, and 3rd email the same. Yet I'm still receiving emails from other victims that have probably joined him and do not know the true purpose of his activities, who of course do not know that I'm a member as well and they try to lure me in joining him.

Please help me help others from becoming victims.”

All I can say is that when claims are as big as his they probably are not true. The “it is too good to be true principal,” really is a principal that should be followed in instances like these. You be the judge on this one. If you have excellent results from using his info please let me know.

I personally will not even bother. I do not recommend his information.
==================

The Marketing Insider Reports: Stephan Ducharme

Stephan Ducharme, the Free Ad Guru. Stephan Ducharme, the 31 year old internet millionaire. Stephan Ducharme, the guy who came virtually out of no where and spent a few glorious weeks sweeping across the internet. So just who is Stephan Ducharme? And does anyone call him the "Free Ad Guru" except for himself and his staff? Hard to say. But Mr. Ducharme sure pissed a lot of people off with his customer service and resistance to issuing refunds.

Our Marketing Insider brings you a series of firsthand accounts of shady business practices. These are 100% factual accounts, although names and details have been changed. And now on to this week's report...

Stephan Ducharme: Dropped Like a Bad Habit!

This alleged millionaire swept into our (the online marketing community) lives like a storm--so fast we didn't know what hit us. But we were impressed. Many became affiliates, selling a few of his books and signing on a few subaffiliates during our short associations with Stephan Ducharme.

Why were so many in the community eager to become affiliates? Were we impressed by the product? Was it because big name marketers were starting to talk about him? Was it because everyone and their mother was getting excited? Perhaps. Many admitted being impressed with Ducharme's ability to create a "firestorm" on the Internet, and topnotch ad copy (this made it very easy to make money being his affiliate, since his sales copy converted the visitors we sent him--more on this later).

And that right there was the downfall--we "assumed" that this gentleman with the savvy Internet marketing skills is a great marketer in all ways. If he has all the parts of his internet marketing campaign in place, then surely his support systems are in place too, right?

Unfortunately that is not the case. Recently business message boards are buzzing about Stephan Ducharme's lack of customer service and virtual inability to issue a prompt refund. Interesting observations have sprung up, such as why does an alleged millionaire cling tenaciously to a $97 order instead of just issuing a refund immediately?

That surprised us. But more than anything, we are very disappointed.

Think about it -- Ducharme is a great marketer. But you don't have to buy his book to learn from him. Just follow his adventures on the Internet. If you can create the excitement and hype that he did, PLUS deliver a rock-solid product backed by excellent customer service, I guarantee you will be a millionaire. Stephan Ducharme just didn't have the follow-through, so his credibility is shot.

==============
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.