packet editing.

All about creating websites!
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

packet editing.

Post by n3rd »

some 1 here have a good packet editing tut?.

beginner style?.
I know that peeps say assembly is handy with packed editing, so assembly tut any 1?.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, imo there is no need for assembly, pretty any advanced programming language has networking abilities....Python, Perl, C++, etc....
learning such a language alone makes no sense without knowledge about networking like the TCP/IP protocol family.
I think you should start with downloading TCP/IP Illustrated, it'll teach you all the basics....additionally you should get a packet capturing app like Wireshark so you can analyze packets and understand how things work.

if you need help with feel free to ask here, at the beginning it might be a little overwhelming but it's definitely worth the effort.... :wink:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I have a softcover book here titled 'TCP/IP Foundations" printed by Sybex and Network Security - A beginners guide by McGraw Hill pulled out of the Network Professionals Library..They are both dated about 5 years but give some pretty good knowledge into networking. I personally suggest those two books if you can find them.