New project idea of mine

Problems? Post here...
ayu
Staff
Staff

New project idea of mine

Post by ayu »

Ok so i have this idea, just want some opinions about it for kicks ^^

Ok so i am a very organized human, everything i have is usually very organized, my computer as well.

Lately i have been thinking a lot about reorganizing the computer...and i came to think about the AGLP method that i learned in school when doing AD with W2K server. So...i want to create a method...a method of an organized Windows machine...

And yeah i know it's sounds fucked up... "An organized Windows machine? that's unheard of!! what? you gonna organize the BSOD's in alphabetic order?"

But, it is possible in a minor way i guess..

Here is the basics of it...

These are my notes so far...not all are included but the basic idea is still there...

Code: Select all

Partitions:

1: System (Windows + installed programs) 200 GB contains 1 swap file(4096 MB) (HDD0)

2: Swap (5 GB) (HDD0) (Change so not visible in “My Computer”)

3: settings (1 GB) (HDD1) (Change so not visible in “My Computer”)

4: files (HDD1) (460 GB) (HDD 1)

Folders in settings partition: 

Desktop: contains stuff like your desktop background, maybe some custom icons and so on. And a list of all the "standard" software that you have on your computer, for when you format it that is.

Backup: contains the “Application Data” folder and other backup settings, also contains two batch files.... 1: Backup and 2: Restore, the backup.bat copies “Application Data” and all of it's content to the current backup folder, and the restore.bat does the reverse, as in copies the “Application Data” folder from the current backup folder back to the original place, for example if you just reinstalled the system and want your settings back to the browser for example.

Install: contains a “readme.txt” file and a number of registry files named “level1, level2...etc”... these contains special settings for startup and other things like name of “my computer” and so on.

(end of “folders in partition”)

Anti virus: a complete guide to how you setup the chosen AV, in this case Kaspersky

Anti Spyware: Spybot with immunization database active

SP2: Disable security center

Extras: Desktopsidebar
I was thinking of using the "strip down XP" patch that N3rd linked once as well...

read more about that HERE
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"