Now that I have Knoppix LiveCD up and running....

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Now that I have Knoppix LiveCD up and running....

Post by Stavros »

Ok, as some may know, I was having a lot of problems with Win XP Professional locking up and giving me BSOD screens. Now that I have a fucntioning Knoppix LiveCD what can I do to test to see if I have hardware problems?

I like the way Knoppix 4.0 looks. I'd run it off the HDD if I knew Call of Duty 2 would play.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Alright. Now I'm convinced my problems are hardware. Knoppix will run fine for a while then it'll have these weird fuzzy lines through it and keyboard and mouse won't respond.

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

it is possible to run alot of windows games in linux I've done it with Battlefield 2 and Counter strike source and 1.6. But it usally takes some work to get programs to work in wine or you can go the easy route and go to http://www.transgaming.com and they have a good program that will run alot of windows games and its very easy to use but it cost money each month or by year.

one down fall though is games run slitlly slower with linux. much better if your running games on linux that are for linux :)

linux is awesome though :) recomend downloading the enmey territory demo with the true combat elite mod 8)
Last edited by xtheblack9x on 23 Jan 2006, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

if you are going to use linux on your machine i would recommend mandriva linux of fedora for some reason i found thoughs ones a little easyer to use for some reason. One thing that bugged me though is fedora didn't come with mp3 support right after install :( but its not to big of a deal changing that.