college speech

...let us know what you think, free speech!
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

college speech

Post by nightkid »

hey guys,
i gave a speech about basic computer infiltration, leaving out important details as how to seriously screw someone over, of course, the basics i went over consist of commonly used ports, phishing, msn attacks and went over vaguely what trojans are/do..the speech was around 7 minutes long, i thought it was really funny because everyone else in that class did a "usual" speech...
-my job
-family in iraq
-abortion
-drug use
...then i come up and talk about computer infiltration, while i was giving the speech, looking at the other people i could see their eyes get bigger the more i went on and threw in little expressions like "it's fun" or "teach that jackass on myspace a lesson". when i was finished there were a few opened mouths after a second i got a huge applause, a few smiles and these two chicks hung out with me for the night =)

i have another speech to do in two weeks...perhaps phone phreaking this time..

thanks for listening to my story, just felt like sharing because i got a 98% on that speech and being me quite shy and kept to myself i felt very proud.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Haha that's good :)

But watch out now, if anything happen to one of your classmate "myspace" or "msn" they'll suspect you...

Welcome on board :)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

welcome, a natural speaker

Post by DNR »

I did the same at my colleges. I gave presentations on hacking, even using the projector system hooked up to the computer. Why? I always procrastinated and never had some homework done - so I would do it on the fly - make it up as I went along! It also gave me immunity (for a while) to install for 'educational purposes' software the college specifically prohibited - the hacking tools. The teachers allowed me to fire up my ZIP disk and put on a stunning presentation. I guess the reaction of your classmates shows you put on a good show.

Use graphics, most people don't do that in their speeches. If the college has a projector hooked up to a computer - you can show them some stuff on the computer. Most computer hacking can be too technical, requiring some background in CIS. But one hot topic was password cracking, I would show:

simple cracking - use cain to expose the window's login

Complex cracking - fire up a bruteforcer, and use a wordlist to crack a password on a file (zip file?) Of course you would demonstrate on a known password, but you show how the wordlist was chose based on that person's profile

Sniffing- my college's projector was hooked up to a computer on the classroom's network segment - so I could use a packetsniffer to sniff packets in the classroom. The computer on the projector had the sniffer running, and then I had one person in the classroom log in to angelfire, the packetsniffer had a filter set so only 'magically' the sniffed password popped up.

Remember its all about presentation. If your teacher gave a lecture on hacking it would probably be canned and boring. Try to be neutral - don't talk about black hat hacking - no one likes a hacker that steals emails and CCs. As a natural speaker, you have a chance to represent yourself, and your peers (other hackers!).

Writing is another form of speech, so practice writing tutorials here.

DNR
8)
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

thnx.
DNR, you gave me a good idea..
i gave a basic speech and i have to give 4 more speeches this semester, maybe cover one topic each speech, cracking, brute force..etc. also i had PLANNED to take some screenshots of me and a friend who was willing 2 help, send a file to him and take a screenshot of netstat before and while transfering but being daring and fiddling with my system i had 2 reformat the night before late so that went out the window. thanks for the tips.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

shells, shellcode, web shells, RFI, LFI, buffer over flows, XSS, SQL injection and the notorious CSRF attack

just some topics for you ;)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

more sweet ideas to get you in trouble at school

Post by DNR »

hmm if CB is going to suggest those (damn nobody will understand RFI!) then let me suggest Social Engineering, I think I got a tutorial laying around here somewhere...

"How to catch people lying" ain't that going to be a crowd pleaser :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.