Society

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Society

Post by Gogeta70 »

Here's a little paper i wrote on society because i was bored. Feel free to disagree, elaborate, agree, whatever.
Gogeta70 wrote: In every day life, people always ask why, but never ask how. I am more of a person to ask “how and why?” Thus, the following...

Society thrives upon itself, the majority unaware of the obvious things around them. A common saying, “Ignorance is bliss,” is one of the most true. Most of our world is living happily, due to ignorance. Lies. Ignorance is not knowing, lying is deference from the truth. Ignorance is the product of lying. Due to these facts, it is acceptable to believe that lies are happiness, and truth is despair.

Truth and lies are created and destroyed by humans. If the truth that humans create is despair, then what does that say about the creator of truth? Humans are naturally self-serving. The idea behind society is order, conduct, and self gain. For example, a person goes to work, say at a food restaurant. There, they are nice, polite, and make sure everybody they are serving get the proper food and other needs. What reason? Money. Self gain. Our current social system is obsolete. People have changed, therefore our society must change as well.

This leads me to ask, why was our society created at all? I believe the answer is “interaction for knowledge sake”. Basically, people must be able to communicate to gain knowledge. This means speech is required to gain knowledge. (However, this brings up a very interesting paradox. If speech is required to learn, how did we learn to speak?) The problem with this is that with society, comes the problems of the people that live in it. People form cliques, and people don't communicate. They speak with the people that they like, that is in their clique. The people in these cliques will learn things, but due to lack of speech, they will not communicate. This effectively negates the purpose of society itself. The indirect solution came, however. The Internet.

There are no cliques on the Internet There is no race, sex, financial status, between people on the Internet. The Internet is not considered a society, however. People on the Internet can only perform the functions of a society, over the Internet. Thus, a digital wall is created. This is not a solution to the problems of our society, only something to help delay the problems created by a solution.

So, what are the problems of our “solution,” society? Well, I will not list them all, but I think the biggest one is simply the future of the society itself. A computer that is old, without new parts being made for its model, is obsolete. The software of that computer is also obsolete. The way the computer communicates is even obsolete, replaced by something new, or upgraded. It is the same with society. As our society becomes obsolete, so do the people inside of it.

The solution is simple, but too complicated to change anything. The answer simply is society itself. Because society is so large, it must repair itself. The people inside of our society will always be the solution to their own problems.
I think it's time for a patch for Society v1.0 XD
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Choose Neo, the Blue pill or the Red pill..

Post by DNR »

You have many ideas and points that one would have to write twice as much as you wrote to explain :lol:

Some of what you said sounds like what I believed when I was your age. I know you are younger than me, not just because I know you in the forums. You dwell on the things that once used to bother me. Your comment about ignorance is true - it is about not knowing. And people choose not to know, so it can be deliberate. Some ignorance is from a lack of street smarts or hardcore common sense. Some people will never know what it is like to sell your soul for a rock of crack. Some people will never know what its like to fight for one's life, or another's. Most people might not want to make an effort to be so smart and worldly.

Remember the movie "The Matrix", In the scene where Morpheus is asking Neo to make a choice, to take the Blue pill and go back to 'pretending' to live in society(choose ignorance) , or to take the Red pill, and seek the real reality. Most people choose the Blue pill, the prozac, the Ritalin, the booze, cigerettes, and my favorite blue pill - pot!
Cuz they just wanna be sedated :lol:

You dwell on society too much. As you grow older you will see that your wisdom is for your benefit. Your community will be the people close to you, people that do care about you. Society is more of a mob, uncontrolled, unreliable, unpredictable, and certainly, unfriendly.

Save this post and read in again in a few years :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I agree with what you're saying DNR. People choose to be ignorant about certain things. I certainly do. What i'm saying is that people live in ignorance of the things that can hurt them, or give them unexpected opportunities. For instance, the majority of people don't care about littering. They don't give a rats ass what happens in the next millennium due to their actions. People don't bother to do things to help secure their own home half the time. Such as, they lose a purse with their ID and keys to their house, not to mention 1,000 dollars that they had JUST cashed at the bank (happened to my mother), and their purse gets stolen, with the keys inside. We changed the locks. Would you? Probably, but most people don't go to that measure.

Society leads people to believe in certain things, and to behave in certain ways. Most people, are ignorant of this fact. People out there will shunt out other people because they don't like them when they first meet them. I've even had this happen to me. They know nothing of these people, and what these people can do for them, or be to them.

Egh, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Either way, society has to change itself, i can't do it.

On a side note, i knew you would be the first one to post :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I used to think like this a lot too. We would all like to try to change something about the society we dwell in. We are living in a controlled environment no matter how much we try to rebel. We can rebel in two ways, either civil or uncivil. The civilized people will rebel in a controlled fasion where others cant. This is the step to either disappearing or being locked away for good. People exist to live where i personally like to live to exist. Its a human ratrace we cant control. There is only so much we can do as individuals, like recycling, not using CFC's, taking litter home, but it takes the whole civilzation to be part of this to have any effect... not just a few people. No man is an island but we can try and live together. The way peoples thoughts and actions are triggered are down to each individual, which is what makes us all unique and different at the same time. In different countries, people dont have the same education or train of thoughts as there minds are not trained to do so. We are the people to try to make these changes and learn every possible thing we can in life, not just what we are taught by teachers etc which is only set out by the government anyway to try to control our thoughts and the way we live. I also agree there must be some laws to protect us against society as it is or life would be a free for all and the world would not have advanced or grown the way it has. People being ignorant of their suroundings is something we can not change. We can only try to change our own ignorance ....if we wish to. I had my own way of being ignorant over the last 20 years also....and have enjoyed beating the system in my own way. Now I have stopped the smoking, I know im not the same person...do i like who i am? The answer is no. Too many things bother me now and my train of thoughts are now not how i like them. I feel angry all the time and cant seem to get the things done that at one time had no problem with. Its almost time to rebel again. This is why i want to go to other countries and try to make a difference where i can. Escapism for me is life. I have met so many people who are materialistic in life, including my ex, which is the reason I have left. I have walked out with nothing and dont want nothing, happiness is in life itself and what you make of it. Shit I need to start smoking again before i get depressed lmao.

Good post Gman, this ties in with the movie made in britain that b_b posted. Makes a lot of thoughts go through my head. i will probably add to this but i got a job calling so must shoot, almost caught up with work now from my hols so look forward to some more of my long winded rants again :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

You are now on Level Orange

Post by DNR »

Who knows I might be the only one to respond to your post too :wink:

Btw I didn't mean that you practiced ignorance. Your post actually meant the opposite, you are very aware of whats going on around you.

I am always running at a Level Orange, and thats just under Level Red which is fighting mode. I think most people run in Level Yellow or even White, which is a lower awareness Level.

It can be stressful running always in Level Orange, being hyperaware, running "what-if" scenarios, multitasking all the input coming in to your senses - while most people operate with their heads up their asses (Level White!)

Your next level of growth in your life will be affected by how you deal with the stress of being hyperaware. You might be a good cop or even a nurse - able to react cool under pressure. Or you might drink yourself to death because you can't stand the pressure.

This is not a warning not to become so worldly, so experienced, and so aware. It is an understanding, a positive acknowledgment, a gut feeling - something that will only be shared by people that _know_ what you are talking about.

Btw there is a Level Black, that is balls-out, blind rage...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

close posts

Post by DNR »

D-oh! You know, I really expected C-thug to post to this too! ](*,)
What he is going through in his life is similar to mine, and even yours Gog.

C-thug, I have 'trained' my body to run at 150% when I am out and about, working, what ever. It seems my 'survival' depends on being able to 'de-stress' quickly too. I haven't found another reasonable solution. Just stay away from drinking too much.

Gog, you also said that society was self-serving. Maybe a lot of people are, they think its called survival or 'may the best man win' crap.
This forum, and its core members is an example of people that are NOT self-serving. We don't get paid (at least I am not!) to be here, even at times the forum seems have more annoying shit than anything beneficial just for me. I like to write, but it is not self-serving when I write because I am trying to connect with another human being. I am anti-social, but I care enough about the people on this forum to try to keep it alive.

I fed the local stray cat this morning, its snowing like a motherfucker. I opened the door to blow my smokes out and she was sitting there meowing. My cats have _two_ bowls of food and water, so I put one out for the stray cat. The cat does have a name cuz she comes around often, we caller "trespasser" :wink:

I don't want anything from the cat, and yet the cat honors me with a dance and sits content - rewarding me with a feeling that the world ain't such a bad place, when you got a friend.

DNR
-

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

My sorry ass life, part two

Post by DNR »

The title is a self-depreciating joke, the real title of this post is:
We can only try to change our own ignorance ....if we wish to. I had my own way of being ignorant over the last 20 years also....and have enjoyed beating the system in my own way.
I thought about starting a new thread, but then C-thug's post is in here, and its Gog's fault for starting this mess :wink:

C-thug has got two good points there, We can only change our own ignorance, and beating the system. The system is the 'society' that we despise - a culture of morons, greedy, trendy, lazy, wanna-bes. The system is the one that perpetuates a standard of ignorance. The system could be the governments - trying to keep its citizens under control. It could be the rich people, playing the commercials that want us to buy more stuff. It could be just the neighborhood we live in, blacks separated not by just a mile road, but a racist covert plot by old ignorant people. The enemy could also be ourselves. Everyday we make choices to either work for a better life or do nothing, or do worst.

Gog's post is about beating the system. Society is a system. A system like a machine, everything has its part, a gear that turns the other gear. If you exploit the system, you can sometimes get a gear to turn without the other. Gog's lament is that the system is an old, rusty machine - and he knows he can't rebuild the entire machine either - no one can change the world that much :wink: Gog, C-thug, and even I (and maybe someone else that might have the balls to write something) can at least hope to hack the machine, at least enough to improve and secure our own lives, and maybe those close to us. Hacking the system is hacking the machine, and that first means we need to hack ourselves.

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

not just listening am hearing

Post by computathug »

To hack youself you need to be strong minded. We are all self running programs that gets automatically updated in our youth. As the years go on it becomes upto us ourselves to stop the program or leave it running. We either feed our knowledge and push the boundaries of our hidden files or we run as we are controlled to. If you are not in control of your own thoughts then its you that has been hacked by the powers that tell us what is right and what is wrong. Sometimes the program breaks and you can have no control over it but its regaining that momentum that counts. If you cant gain control then your system overloads then becomes none existent by your own demands. If you are strong enough you can hack your own system depending how you think your program is running. If its bad, hack it, if not try to keep the program refreshed and stop it from becoming outdated. If you are going to hack yourself be prepared for the worst. Your either in a position where the code is already started or you might just have to rewrite the lot. Either way is a new challenge. Dont let the battery die, keep it running. When you feel on the borderlines of insanity and madness never quit.

So thats everyones Three choices in my book

1) just live the life of the given program and wait till the system has been upgraded and your code become extinct with time

2) take some chances and hack the system and make your own program do what its not meant to.

3) Press ctrl + alt + f4, system shut down...welcome to the mad house

8)