5%
Kubuntu
No votes

Total votes: 21

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

So far I have not had any luck with either Gentoo or Sabayon. I tried to install Gentoo on my computer but apparently it did not have the driver for my graphics card and I got that X-system error. As for Sabayon I once burned it to a DVD but some thing seemed to have gone wrong and the DVD did not seem to boot!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lyecdevf wrote:So far I have not had any luck with either Gentoo or Sabayon. I tried to install Gentoo on my computer but apparently it did not have the driver for my graphics card and I got that X-system error. As for Sabayon I once burned it to a DVD but some thing seemed to have gone wrong and the DVD did not seem to boot!
ah yeah i recognize that xD

I tried loads of distros before i settled down with Ubuntu and Debian =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

lightcrowler
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by lightcrowler »

cats wrote:
I tried loads of distros before i settled down with Ubuntu and Debian =)[/quote]

I'm still trying but i stuck on debian and mandriva(they want install on my machine
:cry: ]

Shimo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Shimo »

Suse is the first I tried and I fell in love with it very quickly.... I tried a couple others when I got pissed off at my dad killing windows again but none of them clicked like suse... Hurray for suse

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

SuSe was also the first distro I ever tried, but well, then came the point many Linux beginners might know after installing it for the 1st time: "k, what to do now? hmmm...Linux is boring".. :lol:
in the meantime SuSe had some heavy problems with their upgrading procedures which kept me away from using it again (they figured it out I guess)...then I had to use Red Hat 9 because it was the default distro for my studies, and then I found my home in Debian.
imo there are no "good" or "bad" distros, the one that works well is always the right one...the only reason why I have a little antipathy against Novell is their collaboration with MS.