G70net Forum Beta Test

All about creating websites!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

G70net Forum Beta Test

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yep. That's right. I've finally completed the BASIC user interface of my forums. I plan to later (well, soon) add more luxurious functions to it. I know it doesn't have any bbcode at the moment, but it is *CLOSE* to completion, just having a little trouble with security vs. code conversion...

Mainly, i just want public input on the functionality of the board and more importantly, the security. Yup. I mean hack the shit out of my forum, please. Lol. I've created backups of all the files, so feel free to try to deface, destroy, edit, anything (even the sql database), if you can.

Most of all, i'm glad i'm finally beginning to see the "fruits of my labor" so to speak. Seriously, working out all the f*cking sql errors, tricky code, php errors, massive changes, and whatnot, really led to displays of pure frustration... like... hair pulling, keyboard breaking, frustration... XD... and i still have that broken keyboard too...

Well, hope to hear from you all soon. Later.

http://g70net.com/forum/index.php
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Looks good =o

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Good start, but the layout seems to screw up over here in Firefox on Linux. I go to "Test" (that's a category?) and the text is too large to fit in the box horizontally. I can see content.jpg repeating horizontally.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm, i lowered the font size some, maybe that'll help. Unfortunately, i deleted my linux install on vmware, so i can't test it myself to see how it looks.

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

Looks perfect. Great job.

When I increase the font size with CTRL+Scroll down, the problem re-appears. Of course nobody does that, but I know there's a way around it. Something with

Code: Select all

background-repeat: no-repeat;
and "overflow" or something.

I'm not very fond of the way it uses Javascript, I can't see any links when I hover and the forum becomes unusable when I disable Javascript.

By the way: It's "disallowed", not "unallowed" (reg.php "Unallowed chars in username:")

Check out your member list or my profile, you have an XSS issue. Use htmlentities()

g70net.com/forum/epro.php gives a lot of undefined indexes.

Check your PM's everybody.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok, i fixed those XSS issues. Thanks for pointing those out.

As for javascript, it is a big thing on the net, and practically a requirement of any user browsing the web. I'd say that it's fair to use javascript considering it's a technology and anime forum.