crap on my games

Our very own fight club!
ayu
Staff
Staff

crap on my games

Post by ayu »

This has always bugged me....

Whenever i buy a game or a music cd, even sometimes with movies, they put notes and stickers on them with messages like "½ price" or "9/10 in superpay", which, when you try to remove, it leaves a nice little sticky mark that is annoying to remove, and sometimes you can't remove it completely at all.

I am a bit of a perfectionist, and when i buy a game, i want the case to be totally clean from notes and stickers, because it gives the impression that the game is "dirty" and has lost it's value.

For example, in my opinion the "Soul Calibur" series is one of the best game series in the world, therefore i bought Soul Calibur 2 on sale (couldn't find it new). The game case had the following stickers:

1: Big yellow sticker that says "preowned *bar code*"
2: huge fucking pink sticker that says "empty case" (so that people wont think that it's the actual game in the store and then steal the empty case.
3: another yellow sticker with "preowned *price*"
4: a mark from a big red sticker that i tried to remove which left a mark that i haven't been able to completely remove yet.
5: a smaller white sticker which says "Rated: 9/10 super play"

All these stickers serves a useful purpose, but do they really need to stick them to the case like this? Isn't there another way?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

To remove the sticky residue left underneath the label, ordinary lighter fuel for petrol lighters does the trick. Just squirt some on the residue, leave for a moment and the fuel removes it in one. Just wipe the surface afterwards with water and beware which surfaces you apply the fuel to.

Lip Balm, applied to the sticky mark and then gently wiped away with some kitchen paper also works a treat.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I thank you for your answer Sir.Swan :wink:

I will try this later on today and see how it works =)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

another way is to use ethanol, but it is pretty expensive...used that often in my high-end stereo days, the big plus of ethanol is that it dries within seconds and it leaves absolutely no stains.
but due to the price it's maybe just an option for very sensitive and expensive parts... :wink:

jasonxxx102
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Idk if youve ever heard of this but I always buy something called "goo-gone" I have no idea what it contains but it certainly works. Not just glue either you can even get hardened tar off of a car without scratching the paint.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

hmmm "goo-gone".... don't think they sell that here =/ at least I've never heard of it =P

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

I know they sell it in America but im not sure about Sweeden sorry... I found a place where you can buy it online if that helps any http://www.googone.com/googone/catalog/ ... aners.aspx

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thanks mate =D

I wouldn't trust a domain that has "goo" in it with my credit card though ^^

visser

Post by visser »

goo gone is teh bests!!!!

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have not bought a CD or a game in a long time. I have never bough a DVD at all because I use torrents now days!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal