How to gain free electronic parts or other stuff,,,

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

How to gain free electronic parts or other stuff,,,

Post by floodhound2 »

How to gain free electronic parts.

Getting free stuff is easy and legal if you follow my tutorial.

When I was in college the instructors would always make me put together projects and having to do so I needed parts. Well I found out that electronic parts makers are more than happy to give out to the new students some of the top of the line products. This can be a win win situation if you think about it. Like a drug dealer giving out his drugs free for the first time, one you get hooked on the particular part [learn how it works] the company makes money later because you will begin designing circuits with that part.

So the process is simple, either present your self as a student, or better an electronics designer working for a company that has a prototype in progress. You’ll need to find the part/s you are after; for example a microprocessor that you can integrate into your personal PC. Perhaps an AMD processor frankly I have received samples form other company’s than are not an electronics manufacture. Switches, CPU,s, RAM, robotics parts, sky’s the limit.

Now to finalize the deal you will [may] need a website that looks like the company that you are working for, or at least as a consultant. Most free samples require an email other than Yahoo or Google, so use your web mail that your site is on. I use my email at floodhound.com

After you get a website and the parts that you want for free. Then call the company, or write asking for samples. Most will ask some generic questions before sending the part/s, like projected annual usage, scheduled release date, and other simple questions.

All that is left to do is give them your home address and wait for shipping.
Funny thing is that they like to ship next day or 2 day just to show you how good of a company they are.

Good Luck!
:wink:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Losing_grip »

Wow thats sound so cool , but too bad im not good at english and don't own website :lol:

Anyway , nice info :)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol i dont think this will work where i live

australia

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

It works anywhere in the world and English is not an issue.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

no but it seems in aus its all about money..not quality of services

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

The point he is making is that the company will try and get you 'hooked' on their product so that they can make money off you. It's good business to give out free things, but the thing about free things is that in the end they are never free - always strings attached. What he is pointing out is that you can also cut those strings. ;)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol i agree with him,but im just saying it probably wont work in aus....everyone here is all about money

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

rhysh wrote:lol i agree with him,but im just saying it probably wont work in aus....everyone here is all about money
You still don't get it. When they give the first things away for free, they're expecting you to get hooked and come back for more, making them more money.

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

i do get it

but none off the stores here around me would do that,,i called em up to ask something and they wouldnt tell me without a 45 dollar quoute so i said fuck it ill find out myself...some companies will do this but most here where i live wont

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:roll: ok before someone gets bitch slapped let me put in my peice

Floodie means you contact companies direct, not some store like bestbuy.

I started my own vehicle security company and I did research to find where the modules were made, right here in my state. I went to their office/factory(code-alarm) and impressed them, so they put me on to their sales department - who only sell to big shops like Haney's, Dash Concepts,Bestbuy etc. They sold me modules at factory prices - $50 module that sells for $200 on the street.
Better yet, I spent $60 to register my company with the county - so anyone can look me up as a legit biz.
When I went into visit the factory, I dressed in a suit and tie, and carried a notebook with projects I have done, and it had my Registration of business from the county.

Now, imagine that I went to the factory that sells the parts to code-alarm, and asked for sample parts used in making alarm modules - this factory makes these parts for pennies. What the key is that floodie said - you have to represent yourself as a business, having a website and a 'company email' (usually they don't fall for hotmail or yahoo mail) it has to be a formal sounding email like J_Blow@techtronics.com

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Thank you DNR, Yes you need to appear legit and go to the source.

For example I would not ask samples of a PIC16f873/A at http://www.digikey.com

instead I would ask http://www.microchipc.com/ for samples because they make the dam microprocessor.

Some places like

http://www.parallax.com make easy "NOOB" type processors that kick ass and are great for robotics, computer interfacing etc. They will send free samples also but not to anyone. You have to be professional.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Arcticpheonix

Post by Arcticpheonix »

Not so sure about the legal part. I'm thinking misrepresentation is illegal in one way or another.

That said, hell of an idea. I've definitely got to try this!

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Misrepresentation illegal? Probably so. But I would rather them charge me with misrepresentation opposed to some other things in which I could be charged for. Such as, but not limited to; the rapeing Circuitbomb, in his sleep.

Shhh... he doesn't know yet. (wait until he has babies, then he`ll be all like wtf??)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

illegal misrepresentation

Post by DNR »

gosh Biggie, you'll scare the neophytes - they don't know you two are friends! :lol:

Misrepresentation? Hardly. Remember many businesses started out small - even represented by one person. The manufacturers know whats going on - they won't supply you unlimited samples - I noticed that some smart marketers only ship one sample per address. Its their choice to send these out without a background check.

Now try to order restricted items i.e. an XM84 Stun Grenade or even this unique toy here http://www.att-tactical.com/att_ted.html If you craft a Police Department letter head, and include a special gov code, and identify yourself as a law enforcement agent - all that would be considered illegal by state and federal law.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

This is so far from illegal. Some of the lower intelligence comments are making this tut become a raspy rant.

If you have a website that states your an electronics designer then legally speaking you are just that. You need no degree or certification that specifies that you are an "electronics designer". Many of you repair computers and yet hold no certs, and, you are just that - a computer repair person!

The manufactures of electronics and other devices love to send you there products for no charge. It is just in their benefit all around. I am emphasizing that if one appears professional "you should" then you will have a higer success of getting the free "samples".

Please don't try this unless you are removed from paranoia. :twisted:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ