How to get device GUID

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

How to get device GUID

Post by maboroshi »

I am looking for a way to get a Network GUID

with out having to code something :-P

I am running Windows XP

Suggestions

Cheers

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

What do you mean by a "Network GUID"? Any examples?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

try this in command prompt:

Code: Select all

net config rdr
you should get an output like:

Code: Select all

Computername                                 \\BLUEBOX                          
Vollständiger Computername                   bluebox                            
Benutzername                                 bad_brain                          

Arbeitsstation aktiv an                                                         
        NetBT_Tcpip_{F3473DE9-5184-4604-87B0-5CF999981EB3} (00113B04BACA)       

Softwareversion                              Windows 2002                       

Arbeitsstationsdomäne                        ARBEITSGRUPPE                      
Workstation Domänen-DNS-Name                 (null)                             
Anmeldedomäne                                BLUEBOX                            

COM offen; Zeitüberschreitung (s)            0                                  
COM gesendete Anzahl (Bytes)                 16                                 
COM senden; Zeitüberschreitung (ms)          250                                
Der Befehl wurde erfolgreich ausgeführt.                                       
so in my case the NIC GUID is F3473DE9-5184-4604-87B0-5CF999981EB3

I have no idea how to extract the GUID to pipe it to an app for example, but maybe this helps... :wink:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Thank You

Post by maboroshi »

Exactly what I need cheers

:-)