The word Nigger.

Our very own fight club!
Uner
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

The word Nigger.

Post by Uner »

I'm pretty positive this thread is gonna get closed, but I wanted to share something that was on my mind...

How is the word 'nigger' offensive?

I mean... example... there are white, and black people. White people's are Caucasians, and black people are Niggers. However, the word Nigger is offensive... why is the word Caucasian accepted in the society then? I call black people African-Americans, just to show respect. Why don't they show me the same respect and call me African-European?

I hope you get my point. I'm not racist, but I think there is something really wrong with society's definition of racism.

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

Great topic.

The people who whine about it should shut the fuck up. Even if it symbolizes slavery and all that crap, who fucking cares? Give it a rest already, stop taking life so damn seriously. You get pissed off by people using it, that's more of a reason for people to say it. I love pissing people off, and I know I'm not alone.

Niggers.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

first of all: this thread will not get closed.

if a black person annoys me I don't hesitate to call him a nigger, the same way he wouldn't hesitate to call me a nazi because I am from germany.
people that are offended that easily only display a lack of self esteem and intelligence....it's like pressing a button to cause a reaction then.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

I would perhaps appeal for this thread to be closed because there are black members on the site, and I would not like for that members to be offended.

(PS Sorry BB and you know my stance on race).

as I said, ONLY out of consideration for this member.

The thread is a worthwhile one, I agree 100%. However, it has the potential to be hijacked for more....unsavoury directions and on those grounds I would beg the other admin to perhaps class this as one of the "ten foot pole topics."

I myself am not personally offended, however I have grave concerns for the happiness of certain other members (esp. younger ones) and feel that this could be easily misconstrued. I am also concerned that this can easily break down into a rather grisly affair with more...intolerant and less positive atitudes deriding the actual worth and value of this thread.

Uner

Post by Uner »

Well Swan, I disagree. If anyone got offended by this thread, you really have big problems.

I presume that black suckoists are superior to those druggy scums in the ghettos, and thus can understand my point, without taking any offense.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

This is a great thread and I also think that it should not get locked. I think that if people can’t communicate then how each other can understand.

Black people can call each other nigger but any other race can not. Well unless your Mexican, it seems Mexicans can use the term freely in RAP music. It’s a selective race word I guess. This “word” in it self has created a preposterous ideology. Nigger in today’s world means “my brother”, or a bitch depending on the way you use it in a sentence and who you are referencing it towards. Imagine if I were to become a famous rapper and use nigger in my lyrics over and over, later to find out that I was a white hick. Would you still like my music? This is not logical and I partially blame white people for making the word so powerful; on the same token, I blame black people for being so offended by a word.

Its definition has morphed in such a manor that not only has its meaning changed, but the word can only be spoken by a few selected races. I find this preposterous and people that offend by the word need to reconsider what it means to be offended.

I live in now is PUSSY filled world. I remember my mother beating the shit out of me for not doing dishes. Now the kids get a Time out. WTF is a time out.

P.S. Great topic and you struck a nerve within me - Uner. I am glad people are thinking at suck-o and pushing out real questions. Not just pulling a race card because of a word!
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

huh?

Post by DNR »

Hmm. I don't think I would have used this for a topic, but I think it will generate some hits. :-k

The word nigger is one of those words that has many definitions, so it depends on your intent behind using it. Just like swan mentioned, I try not to use the word out of respect. It is a matter of raising yourself above that level of ignorance. Intelligent people would try to expand their vocabulary and find better words, maybe more painful or humorous.

As far as people that enjoy using it to piss people off, they deserve the trouble they get :lol:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, just to make this clear: I am not hating black people, I hate everybody equally. I am not walking around and saying "nigger" to every black person that passes by, I would only use the word if somebody offends me and that person is accidentally black....if he would be white, yellow or from mars I would also chose the most efficient way to cause a reaction.
of course this is not happening often (almost never), I am actually peaceful and try to avoid trouble...but if somebody is looking for trouble and thinks he can pick me because I am the quiet type of guy (which is often confused with "weakness" by aggressive morons) my strategy is to let it escalate as quick as possible, so the person has simply 2 choices: leaving or dealing with a guy that switched from quiet- to psychopath-mode within 2 seconds.
respect me and I'll respect you, no matter how you look.....I am a racist, I hate the race of stupid people... :lol:

MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by MariaLara »

bad_brain wrote:the same way he wouldn't hesitate to call me a nazi because I am from Germany.
Good point. People won't think twice to call a German a Nazi.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

This topic should not offend anyone

B_B I understand this without you even having to write the last post up there.

I think none of us are raciest but if i were to say the word "nigger" I am considered a raciest. Personally I never spit the word out unless I am in my car with the tunes up high and rapping with a song that uses the word. I mean should I sensor my self?

It baffles me when the word is used in a block buster movie by a white guy. Then later Michael Richards uses the word on stage in a comedy bit, (entertainment like the movie) and gets black balled. Its stupid logic and needs to change.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

what about the word cunt?

Thats taboo, and unncessarily.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

LOL

Living in America, I know all about the word.

White people originally called blacks niggers because the spanish word for black is negro. So nigger is like a white slang word for negro. The guy above that said calling a black person a nigger is simular to calling a white person a caucasion is way off, it would more like calling a white person a cracker or honkey. Cracker is the word slaves in america made for white people because of the sound the whip made "crack" , I dont know how it is in other countrys but here in the USA if you call a black a nigger those are fighting words. If you rephrase it and say "Nigga" thats more of like the hip hop word for nigger that is not as offensive. Allthough they may think you are a "Wigger" which stands for white nigger. Its very complex and i dont use the word, unless i really want to start a fight with them. I will just use the word "Black" which is the most acceptable word. "African american" is kind of weird because there are alot of blacks here not from africa. I dont consider being called Caucasion offensive, is it over there?

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

My grandfather died in a concentration camp...

He got drunk one night and fell out of the guard tower
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

visser

Post by visser »

well see this is where i get slighty intrigued by the idea of words offending someone.

if i say fuck out loud and somebody hears me that finds it offensive, why do they find it offensive? its just a word... furthermore why did i choose to use that word?

nigger has been established to be racist in some peoples eyes and alright in others. i can honestly say that ive said it, i dont think that anybody should take offense to it. either provide a solid reason for me not to say a word or ill say that word again. lol

if a black person wants to say that saying nigger is offensive cuz thats what white people said to their slaves i would ask them why they would say that. Isnt that what the black here in america have tried to get rid of? the idea of slavery... so why bring it up. furthermore why are the rap artists here in america using nigger and getting away with it so openly?

nigger just has some racial baggage with it. thats the main reason its offensive. yet we are supposed to forget about race so it becomes iffy

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

good topic, this should definately stay open for a discussion, after all on suck-o, looking for knowledge and understanding, banning a topic would be hypocritical, no?
the word nigger doesnt offend me and i use it among friends just to recognize each other. i usually dont use the term in front of black people because im usually at work and i wouldnt want to use my job. it's idiotic how black people feel they are entitled to the term and no one else can use it because it was used during slavery, isn't the same true also for the terms cracker, honkey , egg nog? if i were called any of these nothing would be done but if called a black person nigger it would be considered racist.