hi other newbie here

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
coolsam9888

hi other newbie here

Post by coolsam9888 »

hi ! to everyone i am a newbie to this site and found interesting stuff in it great site to explore and good design great work by admin and members
so i have some knowledge of c/c++ and sql
i am here to learn harmless hacking not the criminal type ... and not cracking
i haven't done any hacking before :( that's why i wanna learn
please tell me where should i start from and wanna know about wargames
plz help :cry:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Welcome to suck-o! You're off to a good start. You have a good goal and some knowledge in computers. One thing i suggest, however, is to work on your vocabulary a bit (people here will respond more to well-mannered posts). Also, i would like to point out that there is only one type of hacking. There is no good or bad to it. Whether you bypass a password to get into a computer you're not supposed to, or because you forgot your own password, it's all the same.

Hacking, by my own definition, is "making things work for you". Basically, you manipulate a program, service, or computer, to do something that it's not supposed to, in a way that benefits your cause. Knowing this, you can assume that knowing how things work is the key.

Explore some programs on your computer. Figure out how to make them NOT work. :wink:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Welcome on board :)

If you are interested into wargame, try to find information about these topic:
Banner grabbin, Port scanning, Exploitation, buffer overflow, Stack/Heap, privilege escalation and how to cover your tracks.

There are plenty of ebooks on the internet on how to hack... don't read those... or atleast, no more than 1. Google these keyword I mentioned before and you'll se tool. Try to gather information on these tool and (if you can) the source so you'll learn.

If you want to practice, setting a little home server is the best advice...

Good luck :wink:

And don't forget, you need to read... and learn.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

coolsam9888

Post by coolsam9888 »

thanks gogeta and Nerdz i understood what hacking really means i had to learn alot ..... alot as i am a beginner .... so wish me luck and gud luck to all ..