in defence of my post being stopped

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
britishdaddy

in defence of my post being stopped

Post by britishdaddy »

hi i know i put a post in general computing asking for a film that is yet to be released but to tell me that you dont support filesharing copy righted material is a little hypocritical when you hackers website that has a post that read earlier telling me ways to get into friends hotmail account without permission from the account holder and that topic wasnt stopped

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Learning about security breaches = Good knowledge

Stealing copyrighted material = May get the owner of this site sued for "assisting in breaking copyright law" (dunno if that is the correct definition)

Anyway, I never said that I don't fileshare or that I think it's bad, but it's a fact that it's very illegal and much in the news at the moment. And drawing unwanted attention is bad. Also this is a hacking and security forum where we share knowledge, not a warez forum for illegal file sharing.

If you want to talk about stuff like that here, then do so on the IRC, you can find our java client on the main page to the right. Just about everything is allowed as a subject in there.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the "hotmail" thread was not locked, but we also supplied no howto there... :wink:
the problem is that I am responsible for anything that is written here, if somebody posts a warez link for example I can be sued for not removing it....I already had my "fun" with lawyers from the music industry, so I am pretty anal about warez/crackz/serialz/mp3s on the site, it is also part of the site rules NOT to ask for stuff that violates copyrights.
but what is done in privacy is not my business, and I am not responsible for it...so for sensitive topics IRC might be a good choice as cats already mentioned.

:wink:

britishdaddy

thanks

Post by britishdaddy »

k thanks for explaning everything