Internet good or bad!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Internet good or bad!

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have read many years ago discussions whether the internet is good or bad. Some said that it is good and some said that it is bad.

I personally am not going to take a position on this. I think it is still to early to say. I believe that it is going to take many more years to determine that.

We hackers make the internet a bad place for some users. At least for those who do not know how to secure there websites, computers, and so on...We may cause pain and disdain for some people on the internet.

If you think about all those people who lost there money and personal information due to hackers it must be some times hard for the victims to deal with the loss. They must cry and sob in some dark corner of the room from the pain that has been inflicted upon them.

So let's focus on the good things that the internet brings. I can think of a few. I have had many occasions when I hit of with some one on the internet really fast. The connection was fast and intense. I could almost say more intense and sincere than any thing else I experienced in real life. That is one of the amazing things about the internet. How people can open up so fast. So that is a strong point. Another good thing about the internet is how much information you can find. It took me some time but I know that I can get my hands on pretty much any thing that I would need or want. Before internet I remember how difficult that was. So I cherish this now even more. The third and the last thing that I would mention today is how much entertainment it can provide. No matter how much time I spend on it I can always find more stuff to do to have fun. It is quite amazing!

Any way let me know what you think about the internet. Do you think it is good or bad? What are some good things about it?

P.S. I never really write rants and I am not sure if this is one of such things. Nevertheless this is what has been on my mind for some time and I had to write about it here. So have a look at it and tell me what you think! :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Nice rant!

Post by computathug »

I see a lot of the points you have pointed out here. The internet good or bad.... well we all know it has its bad points and we all know it has its advantages too. Its not the internet that's a bad place but some of the people that use it.

Without the internet do you think computers would have advanced so quick. The more people that use them the more money is spent and more needs to be put into development making the technology advance quicker.

The amount of people that have said to me, will i build them a computer. What would be your answer? The first thing i ask is, what will it be used for ? The amount of people that say i don't know is unbelievable. 'Erm what can i do with it' :lol: Well is it for home office or pleasure, ie games and the internet or for work. Well what do i want internet for? i thought i could just go on and talk to my sister in Spain #-o . A little bit of explaining and the internet has brought joy to many. On the other side of things there is the dark side and not only with scams and people ripping others off for money but the down right most offensive shit there is. Yes the internet can bring people together who connect which is also a good thing. A forum is a bit like your local pub, some people you will sit and drink, with others you will give a friendly hi and never get to know until you actually talk to that person and then you can decide for yourself just as you would in the outside world.

With the scammers and other thieves and technology as it is crime becomes harder to track. Before these days 'and still this present day' there are things on different levels, like shoplifters, pick pockets etc that work in groups. The same with bank robbers. The difference with a computer is the group don't need to be within the same vicinity but can all be in different countries. I also see prison as the same as what the internet does on a much wider scale and that is put criminals together and the smart ones will get wiser and the others will carry on with the same outcome over and over again, yet only around %5 actually go on to live a crime free life once they have had a taste for it. What you now have after so many years of being moved about is a bigger and bigger network of either the smart ones or the dumber and dumbers. I hate to say it but this is also happening with paedophiles and even worse they get special treatment for separation wings in prisons where they put them all together to discuss sick shit and now it has gone even further....the world wide web. Now the states of law can no longer look back on records to see who and who associated with who, so really we have an epidemic on our hands here. Its the question of how do we help combat it just like would you stand there and watch an old lady have her handbag snatched in the street or would you help do something about it.

So that's my rant on why it is a bad place but we can also see why it also has its massive advantages to the better population of people out there. How many jobs does the IT sector hold and is forever growing. It was growing by 25% a year and that was when i was in college while telecommunications was rising by double that at the time (about 10 years ago now) put them together and that's some growth and although i haven't checked i bet it hasn't slowed down much if any at all. How many smaller companies are making there living from the net while the bigger companies like supermarkets take over the streets. Now the little guy has a chance at making a decent living instead of working in a factory wondering how long it will be till they are laid off.

It gives the older generation a way of communication if they are willing to try. I know many an old pensioner, grandma's, grandpa's etc that find this technology amazing. Years ago they would have been alone maybe with a tv maybe not, maybe have a partner maybe not, but also maybe only having a visit once a month, once a year who knows, from various friends and family. Now they can switch on and email and we can keep a smile on there face no matter how far away they are.

We can go on holiday and take our laptops or use internet cafe's and keep surveillance on our own properties and have peace of mind that all is well while we enjoy ourselves.

We can find information on nearly everything that you want as people freely like to share their information with others. Research is available at our finger tips if we have the urge to learn. There are many many more plus points and bad points but its as i stated at first, its not the internet that is a 'good or bad' place but more of the person that's using it
:wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Yeah, well said. I also like the fact that I can download movies that I would not likely ever see in a movie theater or on TV! :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal