Languages to start on

Questions about programming languages and debugging
leechy9
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Languages to start on

Post by leechy9 »

hey, i've been wanting to learn a programming language for some time now and was wondering which one i should stick with first. i have messed around with perl some and i have to say i like it. eventually i want to know html, java, php, perl, and python. but i dont know which would be best to start on. if u could give me advice on which one would be best to start i would really appreciate it. also, if u have any ebooks/tutorials on these languages than could u send me some. i dont really have much to learn from right now.
rm -rf * /

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

wow, this question has been asked a lot lately, and has opened up a lot of debate ^^

Simply read around, and get to know the general facts about some different languages, and you'll find one that suits your purpose.

Personally I am much into web design, so I use PHP, and I'm learning JavaScript at the moment =)

I am also aiming towards C++ ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

leechy9
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by leechy9 »

alright, ill try to learn perl first seeing as how i like it the most right now. do u have any ebooks on php that u could send me? cause i can't find any good ones. i heard that c++ takes a lot of time to learn. good luck with that. ;)
rm -rf * /

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

C++ isnt a hard language to learn, in fact, once you learn one language, all other languages come easy, you just gotta relearn the syntax of the programming language. Like PHP has similar structures of C++, so it would be easy to relearn the syntax, its just now C++ introduces API and takes programming to the next level.

PHP = web programming
C++ = application programming.

big difference, so theres a bit more to learn between each other, but the concept of programming stays the same, the syntax is what changes.

Refer to the Downloads section of these forums for great php ebooks.
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Let's not split this discussion up, shall we? Go here:

http://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name= ... pic&t=5236

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

G-Brain wrote:Let's not split this discussion up, shall we? Go here: