html to.. Question

Questions about programming languages and debugging
skip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

html to.. Question

Post by skip »

is there any tool to convert html to php or css or joomla or wordpress, if not how do i do that? is there an easier way or its always the hardway? which is more efficient, easy, hard, reliable and security etc. to use. i know that i should search first before asking any questions but sometimes i need to talk to someone understand it a lil bit more and its better to ask the gurus around suck-o to the get exact information. anything you say is appreciated. thanks! have a good day.. :D
Last edited by skip on 12 Jul 2008, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

Since that makes no sense whatsoever, what is it you want to do?
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

skip

Post by skip »

thanks for the reply, i have been making a html site, however I found it very inconvenience to update so is there anyway to convert it to something else?
like template css..
Image Image Image

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

What do you want to update? The layout or the content?
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

skip

Post by skip »

the content and some images are floating outside the table.
Image Image Image

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

The HTML is just for input/output data, it shows the output data and lets you input data. While PHP processes it. When you open a site, it's the html you see, you can't see the PHP since it only processes and "decides" what kind of html you see. CSS is just something someone made to annoy people. OK that was a lie. CSS is very efficient and gives you full control over how the site looks. JavaScript is a little special, since you can both build design with it, and process info.

Web applications like Joomla and PHPNUKE are basically just sites built in PHP, HTML, CSS (and maybe some javascript).

Hope that clears it up a bit ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

skip

Post by skip »

great.. thanks a lot cats! :D

EDIT: oopps my bad, didnt notice the Web Development All about creating websites! . should post my question there not here. sorry
Image Image Image

uid0

Post by uid0 »

My two cents if I may,

HTML is what you need to define the structure of a document, I mean, what should be on top of the page, a heading? several links? navegation menu? What should be showed next, a div? an object? images inside a div? There will be a text area so users can input something like a search or comments system? Is any of those inside a div? a table?

All that is the principle of the HTML, at least, is what is intended, to use the markup language to define the structure, what should be on top, what should be next, who are the parents who are the childs.

PHP (or ASP or JSP or the like) are in charge of the "logic" of the website if such website needs to have dynamic content, in most cases based on inputs, let's say that you have a comments system where people can write their opinions about an article you posted, after they click the Submit button, what should be done? whatever the user wrote should be saved in a database? should be parsed by some filter? should be send by email?

All this decisions and the process to complete such decisions as Cats said is the idea of the server side scripting language like PHP

Finally, css is intended for the layout, nothing less, basically, how your website will look when is rendered on the browser

You need to define what do you want your site does before start development, is the only way you know what you need, if it's for serving only static data (pages which content won't change very often) then you only need html and css, if you want dynamic content (like a blog) then you'll need html, css, a server side scripting language and more likely a database system, although you could manage all the content to be saved in xml files but that's other subject :P

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

excellent explanation uid0 :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

skip

Post by skip »

awesome uid0.. thanks for the reply, that is very informative. now i have to do some googling.. thanks again :D
Image Image Image

uid0

Post by uid0 »

I'm glad both find it useful ^^