How I almost drowned.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

survivor's club

Post by DNR »

I actually had a SCUBA diving accident about 12 years ago. I was river diving near Port Huron, on the border of the US/CA. The river is a major shipping channel. I was about 80 feet under (thats an eight story building when you look up to the water's surface) and about 200 yds from shore. There were all kinds of cool ass-ed fishing lures stuck up on the rocks, so we collected the best. we got away from the rocky area and then we had a current pull us quickly away from the shoreline - my buddy was able to grab a rock to hold, but I had nothing but sand. The tankers that go through the channel are actually dragging the bottom of the river, as well as those huge propellers. I had to kick and swim to try to get back to my buddy, but it was no use. The SCUBA tanks give you as much air as you need, but it just wasn't giving me enough to keep fighting. My mind wanted to remove the breathing apparatus from my mouth and take a nice deep breath! I over-ruled my mind and pressed the mouth piece harder into my mouth and signalled my buddy I was done, I had to bail. So next I drop the weight belt and hit the inflation button for the vest - It didn't work! It was a rental and something was wrong, so now, out of breath, I got to swim to the surface..
I make it to the surface and do the backfloat, I am also now a hidden target for all the fucking boats, so I have to start arm waving to catch someone's attention. I do the back float and kick toward the shore, some construction workers see me and toss out a line. About 5 seconds later a fast boat goes right over the spot I was just in.

I failed to perform the decompression dive, so I had to go to the hospital for high levels of O2 to combat the carbon dioxide build up.

I got a free rental on the fucking suit. and a cool assed trophy - an old fishing lure.

dying ain't fun, those that don't experience it on a regular basis shouldn't really talk about it.

Glad you made it KOH. Welcome to the survivor's club, sort of like the mile-high club, only you didn't get laid :lol:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well I also survived death many times

1. Bus accident- While I was ridding a greyhound it hits a parked car on freeway in L.A. going 65. People screaming all around I was not injured. The car was not recognizable.

2. Plane crash in the military drops from 40000 feet in the middle of San Fransisco. I was un-scratched again, but it was a nervous ride down to the ground. I almost prayed to god even though I am no believer.

3. Motorcycle crash (crotch rocket) A 4x4 truck runs me over going 40 in a residential area. Great money was made from his insurance company. I was slightly injured nothing permanent.

4. Rolled my 4x4 truck going 60 on the freeway and I had no seat belt on. Again no scratches.

Glad we all are alive is all i can say.

Life gets expensive but we all get a free ride around the sun each year.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

JuggaloMushroom
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

hhhmm...sounds similar to the time I traveled to the beach, with my mother and so, it was just about the same experience, except that I kept trying and couldn't get out, and my mom came in and took me out. I was about to drown before that I had no energy left so I was about to give up.

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

DNR that sounds really scarry

and you are rite
i dont experience this on a daily basis
but it helped me forget when i shared it.
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

never forgotten

Post by DNR »

You don't forget, it just helped you relate to your friends and share something.
:wink:
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

You sound like your pretty young still, so i am sure there will be more near death experiences to come. lol

I got shot at a couple times

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

A lesson learned

Post by computathug »

Death is the be all and end all of that precious thing called life. When something like this happens we should step back and realise just what we nearly lost and take a lesson from that event. We can all laugh about these things after they have happened, why?, because we are still here to tell the tale. The human body and the brain is more powerful than we ever believed it could be when it comes down to survival. This is where the brain turns into a super computer and analyses every situation in seconds without you even thinking about it or realizing that you have done.

We can not also control the forces of nature which so many other people have not been so lucky and this goes to all cases of these so called freak accidents what ever you like to call them. If it's not your time then its not your time and you should take this as a lesson in life. We only get one!

This of course doesn't make us super human, invincible, immortal or anything else you would like to class it as. One day 'It could be you' that's not so lucky. So for now, look death in the face and shout 'fuck you', im still here!

Most of the times i have been in such a situation has been my own doing. I put myself into that position in the first place and a little more thought and it would never have been the case in the first place, im sure a few others can all say the same. We choose what we want to do and the consequences if any will follow.

There are always going to be times when things happen what you have no control over at all. These i call being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is why what ever you are doing you should always be familiar with your surroundings. Always take note of what's happening around you and when shit hits the fan never stop looking for a way out, if there is one you will find it.

Take care and play safe :wink:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

i had an almost fatal bike accident too, i dont remember anything though,
all i remember is that one moment i m riding a bike on highway, the next moment i woke up in hospital having no fucking idea about what the fuck happened, and i was fighting for my life, i had internal bleeding, and i was operated, it took me months to be able to even walk, but thanks to god, or the force responsible, that i m still alive.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Wow. Is that why you've been gone so long?

Anyway, since we're on the topic of near death experiences I'll share mine. I, being a mere lad of 20, have already two near death experiences.

The first one I was riding in the back seat without a seatbelt. I was sitting leaned up between the two front seats with my knees in the back of the driver and passenger seat. We were going about 40 approaching an intersection (we had the right of way). Two teenagers in a car pulled out apperently not seeing the white early '80s volvo we were in. They realized too late that they were about to get hit. Luckily we hit right behind the passenger door. If we had hit a little sooner than we had, the passenger would have either been hospitalized or dead. I came out with just stressed crotch muscles. If I hadn't had my knees behind the seats I might not have been here today.

Second NDE was much, much scarier. Back then my mom used to take me and my brother to school. I was in 8th grade. I would take a nap in the back of the truck she used to drive (it had a camper top). So, we get to one of the highway intersections. Somehow the truck rolls out into the intersection (I think she was trying to shift and let her foot off the brake). I look up just in time to see another truck barreling towards the driver side. I closed my eyes just as it hit and I felt the top of my head hit something. Looking back I believe my head smashed the window that was laying on the concrete. We finally got the truck pulled over and all I had was a cut on my chin and a sprained ankle.

Both of these accidents happened within 6 months of each other. I think this happened about '02-'03.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Stavros wrote: I came out with just stressed crotch muscles. If I hadn't had my knees ..
LOL

that would be pretty life threatening to have your crotch destroyed
[/u]

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Yea, I'm not a biology major so I don't know what the specific term is for the muscles that connect the leg to the pelvis (on the inside of the leg; maybe DNR can help with that). Regardless, I was sore for the next day or two.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

my longus hurtus

Post by DNR »

Adductor Longus

The adductor longus is a long, triangular muscle that runs from the pubic bone to the femur. It functions to adduct, or move the thigh inward, and assists in flexing and rotating it to the side.

8)
DNR
-

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

thats how DNR impresses the ladies.
biology facts and information, a good conversation starter.
:lol:
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

It is a good thing I checked this thread. The topic started with drowning and now we are talking about.... 8O ....reminds me a bit of IRC! :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal