FF3 bug!

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

FF3 bug!

Post by Lyecdevf »

When ever I watch any videos on youtube or else where I am afraid that firefox is going to crash. I has happened to me several times. In fact I can not close firefox after that and I can not open a new instance of it. Usually I would have to restart the comp! Now though I have solved the problem. What you need to do is type the following in the shell!

Code: Select all

sudo killall firefox-bin
P..S. This post is applicable only for linux users. I am also not implying you should use any other browser!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

ive noticed the same on both windows and linux...

wierd....i thought its just me...

its not just youtube though its a couple of other sites
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I have the same issue, I think it`s derived from flash and not firefox.

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

This doesn't solve the problem, but yeah I always do something like that when my Firefox crashes. When it does, it's always on a flash page.

Code: Select all

pkill -9 firefox-bin
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

uid0

Post by uid0 »

I agree with Big-E, it may be possible that the errors comes from the plugin flash and not from the browser, although is possible that you can discard such thing by trying with other browsers that use the same pluggin but even then isn't mean necessarily that is firefox's error.

I remember having the same issue sometime ago (like a month or such), it sucks because many times I was with like 15 tabs and suddenly clicked on a link that it turns out to be a page with flash, god I hated that ^^

Also, I remember that there was a time when my problems were with opera while firefox worked pretty well with flash sites, but if I recall well, many of the problems started when the new versions of the flash plugin came out (>= 9.x)

visser

Post by visser »

ive been working with a very flash intensive page and firfox always happens to crash.....

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

had this problem today and just fixed it. (useing FF3 and ubuntu) youtube videos would not even play just a black box or would lock, all kinds of errors

what i did is "sudo apt-get remove gnash"

after gnash is removed goto the menu where it shows all your firefox plugins in the browser, disable flash v8 (in my case i had 2 flash 8 and 9 installed) i just disabled 8 then re-enabled it

works flawless now