[SPOILER ALERT] The Dark Knight

Our very own fight club!
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

[SPOILER ALERT] The Dark Knight

Post by visser »

This probably wont be the post your thinking it is butttttt.....

i watched "The Dark Knight" with my dad and brother at the movies last night. there was a quote by the joker that had me thinking a lot lately.

the jist of the qoute was as follows:
If i were to go onto the news and tell all of the people watching the news that tomorrow a gangbanger is going to die or tell them that a drug addict is going to die or tell them that a convoy of soldiers is going to die... nobody would alter their movements and daily buisness the next day.

but if i were to tell them that tomorrow a hospital is going to explode. or that a school is going to be bombed. or an elderly home is going to be attacked.
everyone would freak out.
has anybody else thought abou thtis at all and been a little bothered by the truth that it may just bring up?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

I donno

Post by DNR »

huh, yea not what I expected.

I work in a hospital, I guarantee you that when the world ends, people will still come to the hospital. I guess people see stuff like police depts and hospitals as infallible entities, they will expect that honest caring people like me to be there, anytime. As far as gangbangers, drug addicts, and others - we (I) treat them one at a time, as a human life. Although, if you are far gone, a DNR, then your priority level is dropped so I can care for another who might have a chance at living.

As far as old folks homes, some residents will probably welcome death sooner.

As far as a school, as long as its empty, who gives a fuck. Otherwise, yea, you can't mess with kids.

too early in the am for anything else wiser. Was the movie worth the tix?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Was the movie worth the tix?
Oh yes. In my opinion, Ledger nailed the psychotic Joker. I mean this is a summer blockbuster movie. It isn't a thinking movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Last edited by Stavros on 23 Jul 2008, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

visser

Post by visser »

yea its def not a thiking movie.
i just thought it was wierd that people really go on every day while the big US has soldiers out and about in iraq dying all the time... idk it jsut made me think a bit

o and this quote really isnt a spoiler in any way. you wont see it coming at all. nor willl you pick up on it that much unless you really look at it for what it really is

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Capital film.

Thoroughly recommended.

puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by puto »

a little bit out of the subject but did anyone else found batmans voice annoying.i just saw the movie yesterday and thought it was good but the only complaint that i have is the Voice that he makes when he switches to batman mode..well anyway here's a video i found on the subject if anyone cares to watch. :D

Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have watched most of it now. What I think he was talking about was that we have plans and that as long as things go according to those plans ever thing is O.K. but if things do not go according to plans than we lose our cool.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal