Trolling

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Trolling

Post by Still_Learning »

What exactly is trolling? I remember on some forums one day they had like 8 users called the "Troll tribe" or something and wrecked havok on the forums.. lol I have heard the term troll or trolling, but what exactly does it mean?

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

spam spam spam spam

Post by computathug »

its just basically spamming with the intentions of disruption. Take a look here for a better explanation

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
:wink: [/quote]

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Ok.. lol are they automated bots or real people? on the forums i am talking about each user had the name troll in their name and seemed to have intelligent posts not artificial intelligence stuff / auto replys.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Most of the time it's real people. A legitmate troll (not an ad hominem attack) is usually someone who makes a sly satirical post to someone who posts an incendiary comment/argument with the intention to disrupt.

JuggaloMushroom

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

Stavros wrote:Most of the time it's real people. A legitmate troll (not an ad hominem attack) is usually someone who makes a sly satirical post to someone who posts an incendiary comment/argument with the intention to disrupt.
so basically a troll is your typical 13 year old in his mom's basement who has nothing better to do then to make "chaos" on the internet for his amusement.

Consumerwhore
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Consumerwhore »

You fail at the internet, go kill yourself...

/troll

:d

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

^ Example troll.

Trolling is not strictly limited to someone with too much free time wanting to cause disruption. Logical fallacies can be considered trolling. Intentional or not, however, "trolling" will generally be considered to be restricted to the internet. I'm not quite sure what real life trolling would be called, however stupid it may seem.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Stavros wrote:^ Example troll.

Trolling is not strictly limited to someone with too much free time wanting to cause disruption. Logical fallacies can be considered trolling. Intentional or not, however, "trolling" will generally be considered to be restricted to the internet. I'm not quite sure what real life trolling would be called, however stupid it may seem.
Well real life trolling is very simple... Its called tripping and rolling, I actully seen this dude at a rave club die (big steroid bound dude) he was danceing and just fell out, ems took too long to get there, he was just kind of spazzing out then stopped moving

That is the only trolling i know about besides the one i just am reading on now, the online one sounds alot more safer

Consumerwhore
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Consumerwhore »

The online one usually doesn't end with your face in the cement.

puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by puto »

just think of it as a moron who doesn't have anything better to do..Well that's what trolling means to me.
Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.