The Ultimate-Pandora-Magic-Stick

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
d3athlig3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

The Ultimate-Pandora-Magic-Stick

Post by d3athlig3r »

Ultimate Pandora's Magic Stick

Main Page: http://www.upms-project.com

================================================================================
================================================================================

You might be wondering what this is and how it might be of use to you, well this AMAZING program will allow you to:

• upgrade Phat and slims to 3.80M33-5
• upgrade Phats to 3.80M33-5 w/ 1.50 kernel patch
• downgrade Phat to 1.50
• upgrade Phat straight to 3.52 M33 from Extended Boot Menu then install update 4 no need to downgrade to 1.50
• start up PSP with Ultimate Loader with support For choosing which Pandora's you reach V1, V3, and now V4!
• boot to XMB with pandora battery inserted(Phat Only)
• boot to a full 1.50 from Memory Stick (Phat Only)
• use PSPFiler and other tools (If any of the tools require 1.50, then slims can't run them)
• Recover ANY bricked psp (Phat or Slim)

This can all be done with your Memory stick and all you need in order to make your Magic Memory Stick and Pandora Battery is a custom firmware psp and a computer to transfer the files, that’s right! No need to use Command any more, which means even the Vista users can now make their own Pandora Battery.

The new Sapphire version includes the following Features:

• MUX 2.1 By KingSebo: A handy file organizer that allows you to have multiple updates on your memory stick such as the 3.90M33 update as well as the 1.50 kernel patch.
• Config Cleaner 2.00 by Smokescreen: Great application for formatting flash1, backing up or restoring your registry, or cleaning the Config.se file in flash1
• Is able to run UPMS installer while under 3.80M33 and 3.90M33 custom firmwares.
• New option on the front page of the installer menu for those of you that have fake eBay memory sticks so you can run a proper format on it...(If you do have a fake stick-use that option to properly format your memory stick prior to continuing with the installer)

How do I check to see if I have a Fake MemoryStick?

Easy! On Your PSP Go to Home>Game>Information> If you see Unknown or Unsupported then you know you have a FAKE SonyStick! If it says Supported, then it is genuine.

Ok, so before you get started on this, you will need:

• A psp with ANY custom firmware installed and ready.
• A battery you want to Pandorise (This is reversible)
• Sony Firmwares 1.50, 3.71 and 3.80
• A memory stick PRO DUO (256MB-4GB)
• The installer, it can be downloaded H-E-R-E

Let's Get Started!

[1]- If you have ANY Custom theme installed, it will cause problems so disable it NOW!
[2]- Backup anything you need to backup and Format you memory stick using the PSP's option. NOTE: If you have a fake Memory stick, use the format memory stick option included with the UPMS installer.
[3]- After you have downloaded UPMSInstallerV3r3.RaR, Extract it and go into USB mode, after that copy the UPMS installer.cso into your ISO folder
[4]- Copy the following Sony updates to the ROOT of your Memorystick:
* 1.50 Named as 150.PBP
* 3.71 Named as 371.PBP
* 3.80 Named as 380.PBP
* 1.50 Named as UPDATE.PBP (Yes you will need 2 1.50 updates but with different names)
[5]- Disable USB mode and in your psp, Go to > Game > Memorystick > Run the UMPS installer just like you would with a normal ISO\CSO file.
[6]- Follow the steps in order (1-4) from the UPMS program

Follow each step in order:

Step1:- Select the 'sleep fix Multi-IPL' option
Step2:- Backup your eeprom, then create Your battery
Step3:- Install UPMS without utilities (Fastest)- Or if you do want the utilities install the other choice.
Step4:- Here you can install the utilities of your choice if you chose the" Install UPMS without utilities (Fastest)" option.

How to Use the UMPS:

FAT PSP:

->Switch off your psp
->Insert the UPMS memory stick
->Hold down the L trigger button
->Insert Pandora battery
->Release L trigger button when the Ultimate Loader menu appears
(If your psp boots to the XMB, it means you didn’t hold the L trigger button down)

SLIM PSP:

->Important: Make sure DCv3/v4 (cemetery) was the last active folder used, or you will have trouble getting the UL menu to light up-some people have had problems in the past attempting to use the UPMS on slim psps because of this...

In which case you will need to do the following:

->Power off and remove your slim battery.
->Push the power switch down so its in the HOLD position
->Insert the UPMS memory stick
->Now hold L and insert your Pandora Battery.
->Release L when the MS light or screen flashes
->Ultimate Loader will then switch the active folder to the cemetery or DCv3/4
->Carefully return the power switch to the middle or the ON position-making sure you dont put the psp in sleep mode

You should then see the main menu (Ultimate Loader)
-From here you can select the following:

-- Load Pandora Extended Menu (Hellcat)
-- Load Pandora Menu Launcher (The Joker)
-- Load Despertar Cementerio v3
-- Load Despertar Cementerio v4
-- Tools Menu
-- Toggle USB (ms0)

Note: Yes, This guide was written by me, but the actual UMPS was not made by me.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o194/aka_PABLO/D3athLig3r.png[/img]

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

*EDITED* srry dude. didnt fully read it to be honest. but hey hopefully this will help some people. i know id like to get back into modin my psp. that was always fun
Last edited by visser on 25 Jul 2008, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

visser wrote:hey home slice. this isnt exactly a tut. so would you please put it in the promotion/buisness section. o and you might want to mention its for the PSP not everyone knows what a phat or slim is. lol

thanks
Looks like a tutorial to me...
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

visser

Post by visser »

and BOOM! my post was edited to protect the inocent gbrain. lol

d3athlig3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by d3athlig3r »

it's ok, just a misunderstanding...

To put it simply... this tut is made especially for those people who have an already hacked psp and want to use it to hack\modify other people's psps, say like a cousin or friend etc.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o194/aka_PABLO/D3athLig3r.png[/img]