Windows Login

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Windows Login

Post by eggplan21 »

At the windows XP profile login screen is there any way to get around a password or find out what it is thanx :wink:

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

you can boot up in safe mode and if they didn't put a password on the administrater then you can jump on there make your own log on name and then delete it when you leave.

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

what if they did put it on administrater is there another way? Kan you do it without safemode?

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

yes theres another way. I havn't had to do it myself but i think it requires booting on a cd. ha ha ha on what im not sure. I would guess it has something to do with the registry. i might search online in a bit and see if i can find anything. if no just google it. post back if you find out how now im a little ceriuse.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I've done this at school before. You can download "Damn Small Linux" (dsl) and write it as a boot disc. Then reboot the computer and it'll boot off the disk. If the system is older, look at the boot options that linux gives and set the display for older computers. Then, once linux is started, you have access to the SAM file that windows stores user passwords in. Write that to a floppy or usb stick, and take it home, and crack it with L0phtCrack.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

gogeta70 wrote:I've done this at school before. You can download "Damn Small Linux" (dsl) and write it as a boot disc. Then reboot the computer and it'll boot off the disk. If the system is older, look at the boot options that linux gives and set the display for older computers. Then, once linux is started, you have access to the SAM file that windows stores user passwords in. Write that to a floppy or usb stick, and take it home, and crack it with L0phtCrack.
does this work with xp do you know?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yes. The computers at my school are windows XP.

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

i was trying the your suggestion on one of my computers and i got about half way. this may be a stupid question but how do i use L0phtCrack? it asks for a password file and a word file. all I have is the SAM file and i tryed to use it and it needs 2 files. what files go in here?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

A word file is simply a file full of words that the program hashes and then compares hashes to see if they're the same. This is called a dictionary attack. You can also try a brute force attack, which uses random numbers, letters, and other ASCII characters to crack the sam file.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

This thread is >>>3<<< YEARS OLD!!!
Stop bringing up ancient threads!