Partitioning my harddrive

Problems? Post here...
PopPooB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Partitioning my harddrive

Post by PopPooB »

I wanna partition my harddrive for OS and personal data but i wanna put my program file folder on the Personal data drive and i would like to know the preferred amount of of memory needed for my OS

I know how to partition already did that so next i need to figure out how to change my documents folders etc and such to my personal data drive which i can do but i dont know how to change to place of my program folders (i have two Program files and Program files(x86)) i might just leave it with the OS and then take my private installs and just reinstall to a special folder on my drive and lastly i dont know how small i should shrink my OS drive and i dont know how much i need plus i dont exactly know what i should and shouldnt delete to make space its sometimes hard to tell if i want to keep the crap that comes with the factory install or not and which should or shouldnt
96% better then all connections global
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

Still_Learning

Re: Partitioning my harddrive

Post by Still_Learning »

PopPooB wrote:I wanna partition my harddrive for OS and personal data but i wanna put my program file folder on the Personal data drive and i would like to know the preferred amount of of memory needed for my OS

I know how to partition already did that so next i need to figure out how to change my documents folders etc and such to my personal data drive which i can do but i dont know how to change to place of my program folders (i have two Program files and Program files(x86)) i might just leave it with the OS and then take my private installs and just reinstall to a special folder on my drive and lastly i dont know how small i should shrink my OS drive and i dont know how much i need plus i dont exactly know what i should and shouldnt delete to make space its sometimes hard to tell if i want to keep the crap that comes with the factory install or not and which should or shouldnt
So you want to partition your drive? useing what OS? linux or windows? you want to partition 2 program files in the partition with just enough space for those 2 files? you can look at each files size to see the total amount of space you need to partition, i dont get what your trying to do i guess, let me get more info and i can help out, with linux you can use gparted, with windows the boot cd for partition of the drives, then just put the amount of space you need for that drive for the files or im sure their is some kind of freeware partition program for windows NTFS file systems instead of useing the windows boot cd you can probuly find on download.com

PopPooB

Post by PopPooB »

itzm3 wrote:
PopPooB wrote:I wanna partition my harddrive for OS and personal data but i wanna put my program file folder on the Personal data drive and i would like to know the preferred amount of of memory needed for my OS

So you want to partition your drive? useing what OS? linux or windows? you want to partition 2 program files in the partition with just enough space for those 2 files? you can look at each files size to see the total amount of space you need to partition, i dont get what your trying to do i guess, let me get more info and i can help out, with linux you can use gparted, with windows the boot cd for partition of the drives, then just put the amount of space you need for that drive for the files or im sure their is some kind of freeware partition program for windows NTFS file systems instead of useing the windows boot cd you can probuly find on download.com
In what OS? read the thread topic lol, and why are you telling me how to partition and im using Vista which comes with a partitiing program and i know how to use partitiong programs already i just need a little input
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

PopPooB wrote:
itzm3 wrote:

In what OS? read the thread topic lol, and why are you telling me how to partition and im using Vista which comes with a partitiing program and i know how to use partitiong programs already i just need a little input

The topic says "Re: Partitioning my harddrive" it does not say which OS, now i know its vista since you replied and told me. If you allready know how to use vistas partition program then why are you posting this? what input do you need? if you dont use or need the crap that comes factory installed then delete it, it depends what programs you need, if you need photoshop , dreamweaver, ms office, ect.. it iwll take a lot more space, i would say 4GB of hard drive space should be good for a vista install at minimum with maybe some spapce left over in case you decide to add more programs to it

PopPooB

Post by PopPooB »

lol dude you didnt even read my posts i said thread topic not my post topic and the input i need is how much space i need for my OS partition of the disc also How would i go abou succesfully changing the location of my program folders according to the OS to my partition
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, don't know if that's what you're looking for:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/2 ... and-vista/
and for Vista they say the minimum disk space is 15 GB.. :wink: