HACKER'S DREAM

...let us know what you think, free speech!
MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by MariaLara »

aww Nerdz you know your dream is to beat me at SSBB

:wink:

nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by nightkid »

what's SSBB? :(

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Note to self: Don't go drinking with Nerdz, he is boring. Retire home from 10PM after 2 pints, eh? :P

SSBB = Sexual Situation w/ Bad Brain...tough situation but apparently Nerdz isn't as good at it as ML.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

pints? i dont touch the stuff, i go for the hard drinks :) i'll have to play ssbb sometime

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Haha Big-E... I don't drink beer... I know I know... 8)

SSBB stand for Super Smash Bros Brawl, a Wii online game which you can play online.

Wish I had sex with B_B :roll:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

well...first of all.......sorry for "childishneess"

back to topic.........

what pseudo was what i loved.......and the thing he said about educations is what einstein says: "The only thing that is interfering with my learning is my education"....and that is so much true
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Okay my turn...

From a young age, I have always been creative. I was the kid who had the huge wooden blocks that my gramps built me, I would build forts with them and when I was not doing that, I was playing with my massive amounts of lego building random things, from cars to spaceships - anything I could think of.

Then, at the age of 12 we got our first computer - it was 1998 so it was a P1 266mhz 128mb ram and a massive 2GB HD...I don't know how many times I broke this computer just 'playing' around and learning, so many times I was 'banned' from the computer and I guess from there "the authority figure" stopped me from learning. :(

So, I continued through school disinterested in most of my classes and did just the basic of what I needed to do, but always got decent grades. (Year after year, I heard the same thing..if only matt would apply himself) ...played baseball and hockey and was your typical jock.

Finally, you can say Grade 12 'was the beginning' - I had a teacher suggest I take a distance education course dealing with computers for credits. I agreed to it and started my first semester (it was java programming). I took this course, was so interested in it that I finished the entire course in like two weeks, with no prior experience (I actually had a teacher call the school from the head office with accusations that I cheated but I didn't) - from then on I was interested in computers. I switched my degree in University from Kinesology to Computer Science.

Now, at school - it was fucking brutal...I passed all my courses first semester and even had a great GPA. I took maybe 2 CS courses, 2 Math courses and some stupid arts course. Then second semester, I had the worst professor's ever - first, one of my profs was a huge bitch, she made me conform to her coding style 'or she would continue to take marks off, if I did not' (basically revolved around placement of my brackets in java on the same line as a function declaration opposed to the following line, like she 'was taught') ..anyway, things from then on did not go well. Ended up failing that class and appealed only to have her lie to the dean of CS right in front of me, which caused me to get angry and ultimately kicked out of CS...my fault, should have not let her get under my skin..

From there, I took Arts and fucking thought it was a joke, and it is..I can read on my own and often do. Don't ever take an arts degree ...so instead of doing work that entire year I spent it drinkign and partying...I probably should have not even been enrolled...would have saved myself $15k + partying money..

The only thing I have learned while I attended University, aside from a bit of knowledge which can easily be attained via the internet and I often continue my education this way - is that educational institutions, much like the rest of the world, has one interest in mind; profits. If they do not profit, they cut cornes and ultimately the quality of education suffers, thus we have 'educated fucktards' running the world today.

So now, all that did have a purpose..it all leads up to my dream.

I dream of proving that one can succeed without any formal education - that giving my money away to learn is not only silly, but uncessary and further, those taking my money can fuck off.

I dream of finding a solution to various life problems, perhaps profiting from these adventures and living a nice life. By definition of nice, I mean feeding my family and educating my kids and buying the worlds best beer - actually, I will start open source beer (already think it exists) and brew my own beer in my brewery.

The rest of my money will be dedicated to solving more of the world issues to the best of my abilities and help other people do the same. Wouldn't a free education system where people WANT TO LEARN be an excellent thing? A free private school with screening procedures...

Anyway, that is too much about me.
Hope you enjoyed being intimate with me.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ummm...sorry Nerdz, but MariaLara clearly has better chances...but hey, a nice, long and warm handshake can be kinda erotic too... :lol:

ok, my last post was about my "general dream", here's my personal one...ok, it's not really a dream anymore, it's more a plan in progress:
- immigrating to Canada as business founder
- before I leave germany I want to gather a botnet, just for one purpose: sending a mass mailflood to the whole german IP ranges. the content of the mail will be something like this:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

life story

Post by DNR »

Biggie thanks for sharing that story, it was similar to mine growing up. "You need to apply yourself more" they'd say, but what they wanted me to apply to? conformity, _their_ education_, _their_rules_, and social/political games (remember those teachers that punished you instead of the school football player?)

Not all teachers are in the system for profit - I remember the best teachers were the rebels that looked different, talked different, and broke the rules - to teach. I will never forget their lessons. Life skills are not all found in books and properly demonstrated in teacher's guides. (btw I learned in h.s. to steal the teacher's guides so I would stay ahead of the class without really paying attention)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Re: life story

Post by Big-E »

DNR wrote:Biggie thanks for sharing that story, it was similar to mine growing up.

(remember those teachers that punished you instead of the school football player?)

Not all teachers are in the system for profit - I remember the best teachers were the rebels that looked different, talked different, and broke the rules - to teach.
No probs man, if someone can learn from my mistakes then so be it. I've made a pretty good mess of a few situations I may change, but then I could never apply those lessons to the future perhaps when it really matters? (Don't poke the angry bear)

As for the football player comment, perhaps much like you stealing the teachers guide..they utilized what they have to get what they want. You need to take all you can get, and if they have things handed to them, why would you condemn them for doing so. You and I both know that you would do the same..no?

You are indeed speaking the truth there, some teachers do teach for the right reasons and teach well. I've only encountered two teachers doing so, my first one was in Grade 8 and he actually got my interested in Math. The second was in Grade 10-12 and he got me interested in History and Social Sciences...the later actually grew up with my cousin of whom I just lived with this past fall in BC...I now know many stories about him now, which all give a rhyme behind the reason he is such a great teacher.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Big-E

I totallty agree, schools fuck people over all the time i went to the first school that would accept me while i was working a full time job and went to school full time because i had bad credit and they accepted me (not knowing i could of probuly got a free scholorship, i was 18 yrs old and stupid) so the school said they would loan me the money and 1 1/2 years later found out the school was not accredited and i could not transfer my credits to a regular college. ( i dropped out of school in 11th grade, and got my GED) got my stuff together and attempted college, and college fucked me over, now i owe 25,000$ for a school thats not accredited and i cant go on to my 4 year degree because the 1 1/2 years and credits i did at a certain school now called "Everest" was able to give me a loan for the school money but not transfer the credits to a real community college school or university.

I am still pissed about this, and at my last job had my paycheck garnished for like 150$ a week because with Bush's new bankruptcy laws you can not claim bankruptcy on school loans. So im learning myself now.. fuck all the schools , theres no way i can even attend one now (unless i pay for it myself, my parents are poor) because some fucked up college thats not a real college stole 1 1/2 years of my time and 25,000$ of my money which i cant claim bankruptcy on ... i can really go off on this ubject but i will leave it at that lol their were alot of lawsuits against the school but they must have better lawyers or are sucking the governers cock or something, really pisses me off, now my credit is bad, paychecks get garnished, ect.. all because of some fucked up school i seen on a tv commercial that i went to hopeing to better my life.. you got it right.. self study is the best, just get your Cert's

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

cats wrote:I dream about taking over the world and having lots of Japanese chicks around me. I want to rule the world as I see fit ^^

Not that this has anything to do with a hackers dream... but just because you're a hacker doesn't mean that you dream about building the most awesome application in the world or rooting the hardest box. If I had it, or if it would be almost possible, it wouldn't really be a dream, it would be either reality or a possibility. We dream about stuff that we can't get ^^

jk...i just cant take such a thread seriously enough to post my dreams and goals. When they constantly change as I mature more.
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]