HACKER'S DREAM

...let us know what you think, free speech!
str33tl0rd
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

HACKER'S DREAM

Post by str33tl0rd »

today i was thinking of the future....and suddenly i thought of a hacker's dream.....what could a hacker's dream be.......what would they want to be in life.....

let alone the passion towards knowledge, the digital world and especially computers.........it will be kind of sad and time wasting to learn all this methods and techniques and then still get paid or i dunno have the same social statues in the society like any other person.........

wanted to know what could a hacker's dream be?
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I dream about taking over the world and having lots of Japanese chicks around me. I want to rule the world as I see fit ^^

Not that this has anything to do with a hackers dream... but just because you're a hacker doesn't mean that you dream about building the most awesome application in the world or rooting the hardest box. If I had it, or if it would be almost possible, it wouldn't really be a dream, it would be either reality or a possibility. We dream about stuff that we can't get ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I am not you, I do not dream as you.

Solved easily enough and..
End of story.

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

ok.....i don't think they were nowhere near the relpies i expected.....now i am sure if a site admin posted such thing.....now there will be posts in 2 pages...........................

FUCKEN HELL................shit ass people..............
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

str33tl0rd wrote:ok.....i don't think they were nowhere near the relpies i expected.....now i am sure if a site admin posted such thing.....now there will be posts in 2 pages...........................

FUCKEN HELL................shit ass people..............
are you on drugs? =(
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I do not think he is on drugs. :wink: I think he is just passionate about the subject but feels like he is not getting nearly enough attention that he would want. I get that feeling many times!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

skip

Post by skip »

im not a hacker but someday if id be one. lol, il hack the governments database and change all files with midget pron. :lol:

and dont be so mad at people not posting on your thread, sometimes they just not interested on the topic. i feel you man.
Image Image Image

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: HACKER'S DREAM

Post by Lyecdevf »

str33tl0rd wrote:will be kind of sad and time wasting to learn all this methods and techniques and then still get paid or i dunno have the same social statues in the society like any other person.........
I do not expect to get any recognition what so ever for my activities here. Even less do I expect to see my social status to be, "upgaraded," if I ever become a recognized hacker.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

It is hard to define the hacker's dream. To me, the "hacker's dream" is another way of saying 'why do we do it?'

The hacker's dream is the motivation, the curiosity that drives us to do what we do. So, you could say that my curiousity, my motivation, my dream is that of curiosity, to discover the unknown, to create the uncreated. It is to be different from all else, to leave a mark on the lives of those that i touch in a way that has never been seen before. I dream to know, so that i may create change.

(one of my favorite lines from the famous hacker's manifesto: ""This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...")

Well, i hope that was the type of response you were looking for. And it actually is a pretty interesting topic guys...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

same dreams

Post by DNR »

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:36 pm Post subject: HACKER'S DREAM
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Damn?! you wanted everyone to reply to your post in less than three hours?? Admin or not, people respond in their own way to what is written, not really who posted it. People seem to think their image or reputation shows through their one-liner cute posts or sarcasm (remember sarcasm is not universal folks!). I guess you would have to know cats or biggie to understand their reply, and if you wanted to hear what everyone else has to say, you wait and be patient for them to drop in. You fucked up a decent topic by your childish response.

The hacker's dream is the same as it always was, from the MeNtOr to J.C.R. Licklider or Paul Baran 's dream. To provide another medium of communication between people, to connect brains from all across the distance, traverse different protocols and languages, to better humantity.

It is a totally unselfish dream, look at b_b, he puts his own time and money in to this site, why? Because he believes in the same dream, the hacker's dream.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

my dream is that everyone learns patience so they can wait more than 3 hours for replies on a board... :lol: :P

my personal dream is to have access to ALL available information...not just me, everyone. of course this would mean total global chaos for a while, but it would be a purifying chaos: the ones that betrayed the people would get what they deserve, people would see the world with different eyes...and it would force the world to decide in which direction to go to:
- keep it like it is and heading to self destruction
- or start all over again in a "Star Trek NG" way where moral is worth more than profit

:wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

My dream is to twist all of you into sending out mail to my x-wife making her go crazy.

No I kid!

I don't dream because I don't sleep. I do want to leave my mark on the world before I check out thought. Kind of like scratching my name in an old redwood tree where it can be read for eons. Perhaps I will invent a new mat equation or some type of energy device. Then again I am a bit mental so this changes depending on the audience.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

well... dream is a right word, because it cant ever be a reality, but i want a world where no one complains, and everything is works like we want it to be, there are no bad guys, everything i life is beatiful, healthy, there are no countries, there's only one world, we are not americans, britishers or indians, chinese, we are just human beings, no one is poor, no one is bad, no one is too sad, no one is in too much pain... i know its bullshit, but if something like that could happen, it'd be super cool...

if i think like a hacker, being a hacker itself is now a dream for me, i remember when i was in my teens, hacking was all i knew, it was what i lived for, it was all i got, it was all i loved, it was all i did, i was happy to be known as 'offset', ok its my old nick which i dont use anymore, i did a lot of 'illegal but not unethical things'. But then reality hit me, i learnt to survive we must earn living, we must earn money, we must pay the bills, i learnt we live in society where we need to smile and say "hello howdy" to people we may not even like.

Then i realized that i cant live like this, so either i had to earn money with "hacking" stuff or i had to find an alternate source of income, at that time, they didnt have those career options like "security auditors, analysts etc(and today also in our country we still dont have any such significant posts) so it was obvious if i wanted to earn money the right way, i must get a degree from a good colllege get a job, etc, so here i am, after school i worked for sometime, now i study and work at the same time, offset is gone forever, and thus pseudo was born, if you remember my first posts i told you guys, i had quit hacking but surely i can discuss it, when several law enforcement authorities are after you, and underground hacking groups want you to join them, you're not that bad, though in my life i had never done anything unethical, i never misused my knowledge, i never damaged anything, i never caused any loss to anyone, but i was just naughty, and law enforcement agencies(i m not naming which ones) probably just wanted to stop me from being naughty i dont know but they were looking for me(and yes this fact scared the shit out of me) especially after news of my friend in trouble. So that was end of offset and thus pseudo was born.

so one of my realistic dream is to be offset once again only once, every artist has his one masterpiece, i want a masterpiece too, a hack, a hack of a lifetime, a hack which is said to be impossible, i know the times have changed, the versions,systems, protocols we exploited are too old now, all patched, but they have newer bugs, probably more, but still somewhere i feel the urge,sometimes i feel as if i was only born for this and i wanna do it all my life, but the other grown up, mature and practical side of me says that its childishness, this is all movie-ish bullshit, and we dont always get to do what we love doing, i have to accept the way things work and besides most important thing is that i dont really have a choice.....
i wonder why i dont find this life funny "i was born intelligent but education ruined me"

Edit:but now its just a dream, as i know its never gonna happen, as i cant afford to spend too much time on my "hobbies", i guess the only case i would do that would be if someone really really pissed me off or i become a billionaire... :P

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

humm.. i guess to get a job doing something i enjoy and be able to have good health and dental insurance with good pay so i can pay off my car and buy a house, pay off my college loan and build a family.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

The hacker's dream.... To loose their virginity?

Ok ok damn stereotype.

My dream is kinda like pseudo. A peace living world.

I don't think I could live in the fear of getting caught by hacking into some agencie... I would prefer working for some agencie who "hack" to gather information...

In fact my dream is kinda boring...

Having a lovely wife, nice children which won't be into drugs and such(They can experiment... but without addiction..) I wish my parent won't get sick and will die of oldness(is that english?) in their sleep. Having a nice job(related to security or not) that I love. A job that I'll be in a hurry to get in the train(or better, being able to walk to the job) to do the best I can do...

Yeah, it's not a superheroe movie like dream... it's only my dream.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.