Is MAC better than pc?

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
Holytoaster4
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Is MAC better than pc?

Post by Holytoaster4 »

convince me. i have been frustrated with macs and no longer use them ever people who don't know computers argue that mac is better with me. i would like to argue with somebody who likes macs and doesn't have to think for a few minutes before remembering how to turn on a computer. nobody seems to post here much though maybe nobody will disagree that pc is better
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I'm not a Mac person, but I'm open minded. What makes you so frustrated with them? And are you also frustrated about OSX? or is it just the hardware?

Never owned a Mac so can't really say anything about them, but I'm very strict to on needing to know how my computer functions, and what parts I have in it. So I always buy separate parts and build my box. Never really liked Mac computers because of their "special" designs. But I do like the macbook (those small simple ones, like the layout of the keyboard especially).

But yeah, if you can install Linux on a Mac, then I would say that it's an acceptable piece of hardware. The price is crap though, and the whole "be a part of the community" thing with OSX seems kinda crap.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Yes

Pc's kick ass

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

what really is your argument with a mac?
i love my macbook pro, it's lighting fast, has all the editing programs i need on it and i love the design. besides, it's bsd based.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Then why not keep the mojave disguise? ^^

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

about the mojave thingy: never trust a statistic that makes the company look good which payed the creation of the statistic.... :lol:

I have to admit I never have worked with a Mac OS yet, but as server admin I had a few encounters with Apple which made me not a real friend of their business policies. Apple uses a lot of code coming from Linux (may it be customized by Apple or not), so they should be thankful to the Linux world and at least give support when a Linux user is doing it vice versa. but in opposite, no support at all....I was working on setting up the Darwin streaming server made by Apple on a Debian system and ran into multiple problems, and there were LOADS of people I found with the same issues that even reported those bugs to Apple. reaction of Apple: ignorance.
I have the strange feeling that Apple is just acting like the "friendly alternative to MS" as part of their marketing strategy, if Mac systems would have the same spread as MS ones they would surely drop the mask and act completely the same as MS does now.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Well for the regular user, mac is very friendly, also for graphic designers it is easier to work with. but for coding, I think u guys should stick to linux.

Mac just works better then MS but its not meant for diehard computing.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

double take

Post by DNR »

This topic was already discussed in the Debate Section.

My real take on this topic is this:

I believe good administration by a wise computer user is what makes a machine. A Mac, Windows, nux/nix, Sparc - whatever - it is how you set it up that really matters.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I have windows vista and i have to say the best way to tell the difference between it and windows xp is the horrible errors. seriously if i didn't see it booting windows vista it would probably be an error that made me notice its not xp.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Holytoaster4 wrote:I have windows vista and i have to say the best way to tell the difference between it and windows xp is the horrible errors. seriously if i didn't see it booting windows vista it would probably be an error that made me notice its not xp.

You serious? Oo

I see no similarity between Vista and XP, even if you remove all the fancy crap in Vista, it will still never really look like XP.

G-Brain

Re: double take

Post by G-Brain »

DNR wrote:I believe good administration by a wise computer user is what makes a machine. A Mac, Windows, nux/nix, Sparc - whatever - it is how you set it up that really matters.
That's more dodging the question than anything else. They're all obviously different, and we all have our preferences. You can't customize Windows like a Unix machine, and that's why I use Unix.
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: double take

Post by bad_brain »

G-Brain wrote: That's more dodging the question than anything else. They're all obviously different, and we all have our preferences. You can't customize Windows like a Unix machine, and that's why I use Unix.
still the user/administrator of the box is the key, a badly configured Linux system is not better than a badly configure MS one. ok, on a Linux system you have more options, but just this can be a danger for beginners too.
look at my XP system for example: last patch SP1 and I surely download "shady" stuff regularly....but no malware infection since years, others have a fully patched one and run from one virus into the next one.
you're right, the systems are all different, but the user stays the same....a MS user which is not able to configure his desktop firewall properly will also surely stumble over the Linux risks like rlogin or rsh.... :wink:

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

You serious? Oo

I see no similarity between Vista and XP, even if you remove all the fancy crap in Vista, it will still never really look like XP.
I think that maybe i pay less attention to details, but it does look like xp if you ask me.

tch0rt
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by tch0rt »

it looks nothing like XP
Vista is closer to KDE nowdays and the *nix features are ane arse ache at first but once you get used to it then it isnt that bad