what language is Microsoft?

Problems? Post here...
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, nowadays MS is surely not using Java for its OS anymore.....MS and Sun (developer of Java) worked closely together once, but after some trouble (don't remember what it was about, money and copyright issues most likely, that happened +10 years ago already I guess) MS kicked Sun out....so they are not really good friends anymore...^^
here's just one little episode of their "good friendship": http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-855696.html

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

i think i remember seeing a torrent called "Windows XP source code" somewhere but never downloaded it or checked it out, if anyone has the XP source code, i would apriciate the share =)

but yeah check torrent sites for "Windows source code" and that should tell you everything

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I doubt the full XP source code is available somewhere. parts of the Win2000 source code was "stolen" once, but imo that was just a trick from MS to make people buy XP....because for some strange reason only code that contained no sensitive data was "stolen" and published on the internet.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I still believe the closes answer is on MS's own site
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows ... 37802.aspx

MSDN Developer Centers and Resource Centers
I also suggest that one plays with MS Process Explorer.exe, also available from MS, free, and works on all windows 95 to vista.
There you can see every component that is called to make an application work, exe's, dlls, etc. This will just help you understand how windows is working.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

DNR? I don't understand you post...?

We are talking about what language the OS is built in...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

rob33n
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by rob33n »

DNR says Ms products which are written with what language.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Nerdz, with Process Explorer you can track what components every Windows program is using....which also helps to understand how MS works and how it is build.
and when you check the link DNR posted you will find some nice hints about what XP is made of: the usual suspects like C# and C++, but also weird stuff I never heard of like FoxPro and F#.... :-k

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

bad_brain wrote:Nerdz, with Process Explorer you can track what components every Windows program is using....which also helps to understand how MS works and how it is build.
and when you check the link DNR posted you will find some nice hints about what XP is made of: the usual suspects like C# and C++, but also weird stuff I never heard of like FoxPro and F#.... :-k
So would those last two FoxPro and F# be considered puesdo code?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

ah young grasshoppa
MS is perhaps a mix of device drivers, dlls,executables, and api calls.
:wink:
The answer lies within....
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3497574 ... ource_code

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4149808 ... ource_code

yeah the XP one I found seemed to me a fake, but im pretty sure someone has it, i just cant find it right now