Access to computers using wireless?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
str33tl0rd
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Access to computers using wireless?

Post by str33tl0rd »

hello all

i was tryin to see if there is any way that you could have access to a remote box using wireless connection. what i mean is that, for example, there is someone with his laptop connected to a wireless router and is surfin the net, i scan for AP and see his router....is there a way for me to take access to his box using the wireless connection?
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

wardriving

Post by DNR »

for example, there is someone with his laptop connected to a wireless router and is surfin the net, i scan for AP and see his router....is there a way for me to take access to his box using the wireless connection?
The name for searching for AP is called wardriving, so search for that.

What you actually do is gain access to a network, not a computer/laptop. You would still have to exploit a laptop or host by attacking browsers, sending spam/phish over the network to trick a download, and deal with host-based firewalls.

You can also pose as an AP and get others to log on to you, thinking they have a secure internet access. There you can sniff their traffic. Thats pretty good access.

DNR
Last edited by DNR on 17 Sep 2008, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

okay.....thank you and next time i will use technical or better ternminology
........THANK YOU
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)