Proxies

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Holytoaster4
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Proxies

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I sometimes use proxies for anonymitity reasons. I can't find any that you can use through proxy settings in firefox that will work anymore. I used to use codeen proxies but they are useless for most websites now anyway. I know about using proxies on web pages but i want to know why these won't work.
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, what exactly is "not working"? are you getting a message? or are they just loading for ever?

Because there can be many reasons, but usually it's because the proxy is really slow, and sometimes they don't accept certain IP ranges... blabla etc...

Just search for Proxy List on google. Works for me at least ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I know i've been searching for proxy list but none of them ever work. And yeah its just never loading/going way too slow. sometimes if its really bad "internet explorer or firefox failed to load the page"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I don't often need to use proxies, but when I do I get them from proxy.org...of course not all of them work real good, but I always found some nice ones there.. :wink:

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I'll try that i guess i just need to remember to get the proxies from my computer at home since i can't visit these sites at school.

Their protection gets stronger every year, i can't even go to internet options on internet explorer anymore. :D oh well, at least i can still use portable firefox.

I've decided to just have them emailed to me. Hopefully those will be verified.