BSOD when playing Uplink

Problems? Post here...
RuSH4ck3R

BSOD when playing Uplink

Post by RuSH4ck3R »

Hello, I'm new here. OK, this is my problem.
When I play Uplink it first plays fine, but then it randomly exits out to Blue Screen. When I play all the other games nothing like this happens. This is what BSOD error message:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x1400000c, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0xBA86B734)

nv4_mini.sys - Address BA86B734 base at BA822000, Datestamp 48d1420d

That nv4_mini.sys always pops up, i don't really know what it is. My graphics card is GeForce 7800 GS and updated to the latest version. My Uplink version is 1.55 .
Thnx for any help!

uid0
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by uid0 »

Quite simple....

the game doesn't like the drivers of your video card =)

First, you should check the game's site to see if there's some faq related to issues with nvidia cards, driver versions or your graphic card in particular

Second, it might be worthy to check nvidia's site looking for updates for drivers of your card

Third, the problem might be caused by a configuration issue, like using antialiasing to high for that game when it should be "application controlled", anisotropic filter, buffering or the like

I would consider reinstalling the drivers but since you said that other games play well I don't think there's a need for a reinstall, that's why you should look for issues between that game and nvidia cards, drivers or configurations.

BTW, welcome to suck-o ;)

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

I used to have a similar problem... the video card was defect. Sent it to the company and got a new one.

But as uido said, check their website/forum/faq for known issue with graphic cards.

Good luck!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

BSODs are sometimes caused by overclocking too.. i have faced this problem in past

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if you haven't overclocked anything (neither CPU nor GPU) it really points to a driver problem...either the g-card driver itself or an incompatibility with the mainboard chipset.
as first step I recommend to re-install the g-card driver, make sure to deinstall the old one first, this is very important.
if this don't fix the problem look for the latest mainboard drivers... :wink: