Grapes of Wrath

...let us know what you think, free speech!
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Grapes of Wrath

Post by visser »

So for AP Lit Diagnol and I are having to write this huge paper, 12 pages, about "The Grapes of Wrath" i have no idea what i should be looking for. do you have any suggestions for us?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, well, of course it would help if you read the book.... :lol:
but for the lazy ones there is also a movie with Henry Fonda (don't know how exactly it adapts the book), the wiki entry might also help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grapes_of_Wrath

:wink:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

"Huge" 12 page essay? Welcome to academia! Try pumping those out week after week, take Military History! Though, the book you ahve to write about sounds like the shits, it helps if you are interested in the topic, A LOT. Good luck.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

hands-free keyboard

Post by DNR »

You can find plenty of stuff online about the book by Steinbeck. Bigs is right, get ready to type essay type responses to dumb questions like "Name the three executive offices of the US Gov and their purpose." "Write a time-line of the Vietnam war starting from 1945" etc.

I was surprised one day when I found out I can type pretty accurately without looking at the keyboard. I flunked Typing class in high school - only because I typed what I wanted to type - not the silly assignment on the board. The point is once you learn to type fast, without looking at the keyboard - writing multi page essays come easier. I dare each one of you to just look at your cursor and not the keyboard, and be suprised how smart your fingers are. :wink:

I still use a spell checker to double check things when I can. My writing style is very fast, I drop everything I got in my head on to the paper and then proof-read it afterwards. Don't stop once you start writing, worry about the spell checking after.

You still have to know what you are writing about - so that means you still have to read the book. Thanks to my damn teachers I at least remember its a book by Steinbeck. About some poor farmer, a drought, and some redneck philosophy. Another good trick in writing essays is to use quotes and superfluous words that can take up a lot of space on a twelve page essay with footnotes included. (that sentence was 18 words!)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.