Woman out $400K to 'Nigerian scam' con artists

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Woman out $400K to 'Nigerian scam' con artists

Post by puto »

Well i thought this belonged in here Found this in another Forum that someone posted But thought it would be a good read for some of you After finishing reading the Article i Felt a bit sick How can someone fall for something like this?it's really incredible..But anyway I don't feel sorry for her after reading this

*Everyone she knew, including law enforcement officials, her family and bank officials, told her to stop, that it was all a scam. She persisted.*

Talk about common sense
:roll: it truly is and uncommon virtue

Here's the article
http://www.katu.com/news/34292654.html
Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.

blackpharaoh

Post by blackpharaoh »

Greed is the biggest problems with scams. If thier was no greed there would be no scams whatsoever

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

blackpharaoh wrote:Greed is the biggest problems with scams. If thier was no greed there would be no scams whatsoever
I don't asgree with you! Take nigeria as an example. Some of these people will never find a way out of poverty so no matter what happens they will always have to pull a scam just to survive..... it's not always greed.

I haven't read the article but have read many many more which all turn out with the same outcome. Does she deserve it....well, thats down to personal opinion. Do i despise what these people are doing....yes and no! I dont come from a place where i have to fight for my food. I dont live where the only computer i can use is public. I dont have to live in worn torn places like some.

What i am saying is that somepeople do what they do because they have to. Its the only way they know. For another instance i will use the country Bali which i visited for a month last year. Take away a countries education and you have total control.

These people are fighting back the only way they know how, or at least some of them.

Others i agree, its greed and its just pure selfishness on there part and for no other reason than to scam to make them rich....not to get themselves out of the hole they are in. But this is not as simple as it first sounds. It's easy to start but not so easy to stop. This is where the greed takes over!!!!

rant over :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The thing that gets me is it is easy to understand the rules of banking-

You are liable for funds you deposit in the bank - just because in good faith you deposited a counterfeit/stolen money order - if it turns out to be fake - YOU take the hit for it. There is no bank insurance to repay from money lost in this manner. Certified money orders, Cashier Checks, Wire transfers, checks, - what ever - can all be bogus and take a few days to clear a bank's inspection.

The latest scammers are lovers posting on Match.com, using movie stars pictures to pose as single people - they develop a relationship of trust, and then later use it to phish and trick.

It is all the same trick - they get you to send money out of your bank account, and leave you holding useless paper. The police will NOT have any power to issue warrants or arrest someone in another non-compliant country.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.