Speedboarding

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Speedboarding

Post by ilkjester »

I love speedboarding. Its such an adrenalin rush racing downhill with nothing but a longboard. I have a landyatchz evo and its amazing. I've had cars follow behind me and have gone 50+ mph. No joke I can see why people get into racing cars. Speed is an insane rush. If i had leathers and a helmet I would enter races unfortunately i don't. If you don't know what speedboarding is check out this video. Im also into sliding though longboarding in general haven't gotten much into dancing though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ocvAIVqIw
There not racing but its a sick video nonetheless. Some of the slides they do are pretty gnarly. Anyone else have something they love to do.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Thats FUCKING SICK!
Whoo!
I remember skate boarding back in the 1970's, we used to do downhills in our rich posh neighborhood - either standing or kneeling on the board. Thank god I never face planted.

I have done at least 53 mph on a mtn bike off road, but speed boarding looks like a bigger trip!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

Yeah I can say personally I know how he must have felt when he came sooo close to that huge ass truck Ive taken corners with log trucks coming into my lane. I don't ride the yellow line though because I know they have to take the corner wide to make it so ive always been lucky.

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

I have never skateboarded, but I am pretty good with my rollerblades. :P
I have played tony hawks games, and i think the one you guys are talking about is Downhill Jam; i think they do the same thing as you guys used to do.
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

That is pretty cool!!! I remember getting my first skateboard which was one of the new designs at the time having a wider board instead of a slim one. It was a Rad Skull and had the spongy wheels and a set of good quality trucks on it. Where i live everywhere has hills and is ideal for boarding. We also have one of the best indoor skateparks in the country and i would love to be able to do the things i used to but the truth is, Im too old for all that now hahaha. Heh them were the days :roll:

*edit* remembered the name of the wheels....alleycats, il remember the trucks make soon im sure :wink:

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Sounds really fun , I used to also be a big time skater, my first board was a classic tony hawk with the skull on the bottom, independant trucks, and i forget what kind of wheels the small ones, i mostly did street skating, i was never good on ramps,we have no hills to skate down really fast here, so i would hang on to the back of a car and have them drive real fast.. i think i still have some pictures of this hill in Georgia i really wanted to skate board down, i found when i went to the stone mountains to go camping (back in the days) wish i would have brought my board :lol: but it was like a church - boy scout type camp out thing when i was a kid, was alot of fun though

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol i can do 67 km/h on my mntn bike,but thats not really trying,maybe i should try and see what i get