your pc[pics]

...let us know what you think, free speech!
rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

your pc[pics]

Post by rhysh »

ok this is one of mine,my most recent that i built, please ignore that pentium 4 sticker, the guy who chucked out that case in council cleanup just chucked out the case, which was of the previus thing in it

anyways,the specks are

4 gig ddr2 ram 2 x 2GB
80 gb ide drive, im gunna stick a 1 TB sata in there soon
gfx card not installed yet cos i havent got the money right now to get the card i wanted
8 fans -was supposed to cool the fucker but has actually made it heat up because of more power been used,but i left it there cos i thought it kinda looked cool,
1 fan is led lit,there is also a neon up the back as well
q6600 qaudcore proccessor@2.4 ghz-overclocked 3.3 ghz
and if u have more questions just asked

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

this is one of my pcs i got more,if u want photos of them as well just ask

please post pics of yours.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Nice.. I think i did in one of the other threads i believe in the hardware section, i recently formatted my pc and dont have that pic anymore but should still be hosted on here

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

when using imageshack please use the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" code.

will post pics of my box soon... :)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol bb, soz, will do next time ;)

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

here you go

I've replaced the crappy looking box and just use that for parts now, i seen this really cool file cabinet that someone turned into a rack server and would like to do something like that in the future.

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

can u up a larger image,lol soz
lol just added a multi card reader

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

still_learning, you need to copy the complete code, you copied only the thumbnail one... :wink:

k, here is my main system:

AMD XP2500+
2 GB RAM with passive heatsink coolers
Nvidia 7900GS g-card
80 GB + 500 GB IDE HDDs
Debian Lenny / Windows XP
case lined with anti-vibration and noise damping mats, super-silent NoiseBlocker case fans with 2-component silicon frames (2x80mm, 1x120mm)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

:)

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

ImageImage

This is the comp that I build. I some times refer to it as a server because it runs 24/7.

ImageImage

I have now painted the CD-ROM black. Maybe I should call this comp, "black beauty."

ImageImage

Here is a pic of my so called server room. I have fitted the comp with two monitors.

ImageImage

Finally this is my messy workstation. I took this picture of it in candle light so the mess around it does not stand out! :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I will have to take another picture.. i've updated it since then and cant seem to get the BBcode right.. its eaither a really big picture or a thumbnail

nice pictures, im still digging the fileing cabinet as a home made rack server idea :lol: i've heard their is a way to hook up a bunch of mother boards together to make a super computer, need to look into it more

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

To build a rackmount out of a file cabinet would not be too hard, you can disassemble the computer chassis so it can fit into a 'drawer'. The rackmount idea is just that - each computer will occupy a rack. A super computer is just the rackmount computers tied together for distributed computing see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_computing

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

The specs of my above mentioned box are rather modest because it was never meant to be any thing other than a server. So it runs on:

Intel Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60Ghz
1GB of RAM
GeForce 8400 GS
One 500GB SATA HD for storage, one 250 GB SATA HD that runs my os and another 150 GB SATA for future use :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

ok here you go.. newer pics

yes i know its a mess.. i have all the books on the floor because the weight of all those books broke the stand i had on the wall that was holding them. I have another shelf of books that has not broken yet :lol: I learned the hard way it only holds about 40 pounds on each shelf. Under the books is a bluesocket gateway server i fixed with the help of some Suck-o members a while back, have not put it in use for a minute now but it runs Ubuntu LAMP server. I learned alot by trying to fix it and their are alot of good parts in it still.

Image[/img]

DNR style desktop shot .. thats my other PC, i used as a server for a while, kind of like my testbox / crap pc that i dont care what happens to it. The thing on top.. well thats my baby, i guess thats what you can call "physical security" lol

last but not least, just a quick snap shot of the two monitors i stare at all day until i get a real job, theres probuly 3 other PC's or more i manage in my house also not pictured.

my main PC has a 160 GB HD, also not pictured is my 320GB external western digital my book i use for back up, has 2 GB DDR2 ram, AMD dual core 4000+ processor, lightscribe DVD/CD burner (which i would never recommend lightscribe sucks) its very slow. I've also got a all in one media card reader i detached because everytime i turned my pc off, the all in one media reader would stay powered on, i think a cord must be plugged in wrong or something, i have not had a reason to use it yet plus it was only like 15$. Next I want to get a 1TB network drive with two 500GB drives and mirror them.

EDIT:::

Forgot to put a picture of my little buddy (big buddys in the thumbnail).. first chiwawa with a mohawk, women love him, plus he has radar ears and a super sense of smell, best house alarm ever

Last edited by Still_Learning on 25 Nov 2008, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

nice wallpaper, S_L... :lol: :)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol,thats from suckos main page,lol at least he uses google,lol

i really need to sell some comps,because i got like 8 or 9 pc's

not cool,lol

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

@S_L Nice pistol, I believe the slanted grip makes for easy shootability - I miss my old style glock. We should sell desktop/laptop pistol holsters here!

:wink:
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.