just a thought for new hackers and a reminder for the old

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

just a thought for new hackers and a reminder for the old

Post by floodhound2 »

I write this to remind myself of the latest event that almost got me busted.

The first thing that one should cogitate while walking the path towards hacking is the ability to suspend about in the shadows of the digital realm, so that when the sun is gone so is your shadow. Some hackers are better than others for obvious reasons, but my finger points to the young and new in this write up. You are less likely to know the secrets and perhaps have a misconception that Hollywood movies have planted in your mind regarding this illness of hacking. You may be trying to impress friends and get careless in the process. Keep in mind that most young hackers (new hackers) are the ones that get caught. As you read, practice, and gain abilities always remain rooted keeping cocky attitudes muted. You will defiantly reach a fork in the road where one direction is highlighted by an emotion, or some other primitive evolutionary trait that leads to self destruction. I can’t stress enough to keep all aspects of your target hidden starting with the friends your trying to impress. You’re friends don’t need to know what you have done or what your trying to do. Old hackers typically have no or little friends and can leave virtually no tracks of where they have been. It’s in my opinion due to the illness and it can’t be avoided.

Just a basic eye opener.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I had to carefully focus on each sentence, I advise everyone else to do so - it'll make more sense. :wink:
Floodie, don't make it sound so desolate
Old hackers typically have no or little friends
you'll scare off the newbies. :lol:

You do have friends brah, but with similar sickness as you described - so its like the blind leading the blind.
I think the new generation of hackers have it worst - we old timers had been there at the begining of computers and the internet. So they have no idea - unless we share it with them.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

I dont do any illegal activities and if i did would not brag to anyone about them, thats one of the first ways to get busted (plus my offline friends wouldnt know what the hell i was talking about anyways, since they only know the very basics of windows). I've been threw the system a few times and know the rules.
:wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

DNR wrote:I had to carefully focus on each sentence, I advise everyone else to do so - it'll make more sense. :wink:
Floodie, don't make it sound so desolate
Old hackers typically have no or little friends
you'll scare off the newbies. :lol:

You do have friends brah, but with similar sickness as you described - so its like the blind leading the blind.
I think the new generation of hackers have it worst - we old timers had been there at the begining of computers and the internet. So they have no idea - unless we share it with them.

DNR
Yea my bad brother but it is so true in my experiences. I no longer have friends and this somewhat perpetuates the problem. I must admit that my woman keeps me in touch with the world. If it were not for her I would surely dive in to depths I never been before.
Still_Learning wrote:I dont do any illegal activities and if i did would not brag to anyone about them, thats one of the first ways to get busted (plus my offline friends wouldnt know what the hell i was talking about anyways, since they only know the very basics of windows). I've been threw the system a few times and know the rules.
You are ahead of the game, but rest assure that a time will come when your abilities can be displayed and this is when your at a weak point. As if your guard was let down. Just bite your tong and pass the moment by wisely.
Last edited by floodhound2 on 27 Nov 2008, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

:P who is the dude in your avatar?.. Johnny Knoxville?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:roll: Jack Nicholson, from the movie "the one that flew the cuckoo's nest" that was waaay before your time, before johnny knoxville grew out of diapers.

The movie was a classic. Nice choice floodie 8)

Also;
I must admit that my woman keeps me in touch with the world. If it were not for her I would surely dive in to depths I never been before.
I agree too, if not a girl, a hacker needs to balance himself with something else, a hobby, work, or martial arts. My gal keeps me grounded, she provides the rules to keep me from getting self-destructive.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

floodhound2 wrote:I no longer have friends
bullshit, you have friends all over the world... :P maybe not the kind that comes over for a beer every 2nd day and drives your wife nuts, but still friends that are always there when you need them... :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

If we are doing ilegal activities no matter what it is better to hide what we are doing and who we are and make people think the opposite. Reverse psychology is one of my favourite mind games i play often. When involved in some things i do, i often change my appearance. For instance, who is the more clever person. How many drug dealers drive round in nice shiney new cars, bling to the eyeballs, and may as well have a big sign round there neck saying 'look at me' or the person who goes round his everyday business and can talk to people on all levels and make them think they are just your normal 9-5 type of guy which dons a shirt and tie and drives round in your everyday vehicle and says yes please no thankyou and goes about his business without people batting an eyelid. I know which i would rather be.

This is the same as the concept of old and new hackers. The younger generation cant wait to show off where the older ones of us that are still around have gained the knowledge to keep us where we want to be. Often it is a woman that has made us think differently subconciously as we also want to protect the people around us and not only ourselves. These people are our backbone and help us to keep the morals instilled in us. It would be quite easy to become single and all of a suddern lose all concept of the direction we want to head in and go all out blazing as there is only ourselves to think about.

Yeah b_b i agree also, we may not have the usual kind of friends but we are all here for some reason or another and most of us dont still hang round in suck-o just to learn or read but also because of the kind of company it keeps which keeps us all drawn here together for one reason or another. Its the people here that make the community and those that generally dont fit in with our way of life and thinking often dont stay here for long either, which by all means benefits us all, meaning we keep a tight knit community just as you would if you were on the streets. The people around you make all the difference and we make a difference in their lives too.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest and the shining are 2 of my all time favourite movies and if you havent had time to see these movies i suggest you do.

Nice topic floody, thanks for your thoughts :wink:

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

i must say many ppl at my last school didnt like cos i was a "nerd" but rofl,like i give a shit

and i must agree with big-e, its better to be invisible than to be seen,i often get searched by police or stopped by police because i hang out with ppl i really shouldnt and seem to be known some police,lol so i would prefer to be that everyday kid just going to the shops,rather than that kid thats getting searched outside the shops,the funny thing is they try accusing me of stealing,yet i dont steal,then they also try saying ive done things at certain places where i havent been all day,fucked up shit,anyways big-e is right,lol

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Know and respect your enemy.

It is only very, very stupid people
who think the law is stupid.

And avoid like the fucking plague...

... loud, attention-seeking
wannabe gangsters...

... in it for the glory, to be a face,
to be a name.

~Layer Cake

PS: I think this entire notion of staying in the shadows applies to all kinds of areas in our lives.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Yeah i agree with what Thug said.. suck-o does offer a very friendly environment with awesome people, always willing to help share some insight or knowledge on something

:D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:lol: Perhaps whether Floodie likes it or not, he is in a gang. He'll have to take 20 minutes of beatings to get jumped out.

Floodie started this thread with the statement that the goal of being a real hacker is to become more and more invisible. Being invisible does not mean un-seen, but unaffected by circumstances. Being invisible means you can have security - people cannot hurt what they cannot grasp.
It does not mean that you can't impact life and do something good. You can be invisible and omnipotent.

DNR
-

hackindave
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by hackindave »

DNR wrote::roll: Jack Nicholson, from the movie "the one that flew the cuckoo's nest" that was waaay before your time, before johnny knoxville grew out of diapers.

The movie was a classic. Nice choice floodie 8)

Also;
I must admit that my woman keeps me in touch with the world. If it were not for her I would surely dive in to depths I never been before.
I agree too, if not a girl, a hacker needs to balance himself with something else, a hobby, work, or martial arts. My gal keeps me grounded, she provides the rules to keep me from getting self-destructive.

DNR
Doesn't Johnny Knoxville still wear diapers??