Problems? Post here...
Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Redirecting sound output into the microphone

Post by Nerdz »

Anyone know how?

And no, sticking my micro to my speaker is not an option ;)

Sound card:
Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC''97 Audio Controller
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by nightkid »

what exactly are you wanting to do? from your sentence it sounds like your wanting to turn a microphone into a speaker?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

So am i correct in saying for example you want to play music in your room then direct the signal through the microphone and back over the net???. The problem i think would be keeping the signal clear and without it droping packets. Maybe a simple mic locker would help with this but i think you may still have to have the microphione within a certain range of the speaker.

If this is what your attepting let us know and we can look more into this. I know there is a way of doing this as i looked into it a few years ago just cant remember about it. Smoked a lot since then. The reason i looked into it was to stream a music station over winamp :wink:

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Yeah, What I'm trying to do is to redirect my output in my microphone... so People hear the same thing that I hear. I know it's possible... I just spent last night trying to play in the config without any success...

And google doesn't like me either ;)

Thanks for your help guys :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

been a while, but I think this is how it's done:
in the audio settings, where you set the recording device, open the volume settings, under "properties" you will find an option named "what I hear"...when you enable it your sound output should be looped through.

I simply translated "what I hear" from my german XP version, so it might be named a little different on your system.... :wink:

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Hmmm I didn't see that yesterday... I'll try it tonight! :)

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

What program are you useing? So pretty much whatever sounds/music/voices are being played over your speakers you want to share with others..

i guess you could save the sounds or whatever into .wav format and share the .wav sound file with others, does it have to be in real time?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I didn't find it B_B, WinXPsp2 and nothing in audio controls/volume/advance settings :-k

So you want music or sounds playing in the background while you talk in to a microphone? Thats mixing, you'll have to find a audio tool to mix your audio - recorded or real-time.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I think you looked at the wrong place..... :-k
it's a little hard to explain for me because I don't know the proper english terms that are used, so I took a screenshot:

1. pick "volume"
2. options->settings
3. this is the "what you hear" thingy
4. when you enable it a new panel is added and you can set it as default

I am not 100%, I hope the "what you hear"-feature is not soundcard-specific.... :?

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Thanks guy, I want it to be real time...

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

humm.. on my speakers i have a plugin option for headphones, i guess you could plug a wire into the headphone jack that connects to the mic-in port on your pc, so it plays everything directly from your headphone jack to your mic plugin.. then while its going hit the record button.. then from there you will have to figure out how to post it to others via real time.. i was going to help a local radio station with their websites live streaming from their radio station to a website, and even with that their had to be a delay.. im guessing for FCC regulations or whatever..

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

The button b_b is refering to is mute. He has ticked the box for the online options in the sound properties.

Worth a try and be good to know the result :-k

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Oh all this mute button does is that you don't hear yourself when you speak in your speaker. What I want is the opposite :P When I hear anything(play any sound) I want it to be outputed the same way my micro does.

So other can listen to what I listen...etc.. In real-time

Thanks for your help guys, it's nice to see how many people are willing to help others in these days:)

svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by svyatko »

I see what you mean. My friend actually had a problem like this. When we were in ventrilo playing a game, and he turned on his mic, all I heard is the guns shooting and not his voice from the mic. It's basically like the mic was taken out and the sound from his computer was played instead of the mic. I don't know how he fixed it, but I will try to find out and maybe that could help you out.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Hey Nerdz, you are on the same line as i was thinking, but its how you do it. I recommend using winamp as this is where you learn and probably progress and spend thousands on your own studio :lol: Any way take a look here and i think this will help you

Code: Select all

http://www.drs2006.com/manuals/faq/serverfaq2.html