Questions about programming languages and debugging
Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Best remote access tool feature?

Post by Nerdz »

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing a "GOOD" RAT with REAL feature... I would just like to know what would you like in your RAT.

-Client->Server connection or Server->Client
-UD
-Random

If you want to write something like:"Open the cdrom tray", don't even bother clicking submit...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, imo a "good" RAT don't need many features at all, stealth is the key.
my favorite example is still the reverse www shell:
http://freeworld.thc.org/papers/fw-backd.htm#example

this in combination with the functionality of a file manager like Midnight Commander would make an awesome RAT....no GUI stuff needed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Commander

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

open CDROM tra... oh nevermind. :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... p_software

1. reliable connection between client and server
2. Encrypted traffic to hide IP and content
3. Virtual desktop properties

And what is the point if its not UnDetectable..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

DNR wrote: And what is the point if its not UnDetectable..
I planned to build a "trojan" for educational purpose only... I figured that most trojan out there are made out of visual basic and are usually lame.

I prefer calling this a RAT because actually a trojan is a RAT with more "feature". Also I don't want to get some and start from it... this "topic" have been used for so long that the ideas are old now.

The reason of this post is to gather "new" ideas.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, is it a RAT that moves? as in spreads? or just something you send to a specific target?

Well, you would have to consider that the victim might know his/her way around the computer, so you would have to make it so that it does not look suspicious in any way. Like, add it as a service that has a description, like try to remove "Windows Time" and replace it with the RAT or something, and place it in a folder in system32, never in the system32 folder though, because some people tend to check it if they are suspecting anything (like sort by date usually helps me to find crap on a comp)

Maybe skip binding the file with something else, and make it actually "do something" more then just being a RAT, as in, send it to someone and say that it's a handy application of some sort, and when they click it, it actually does what they thought it would but it ALSO copies itself to some place, and starts the trojan procedure... maybe add some reg keys for it so that it knows what to do when it starts.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"