Anyone else get hit with 3 feet of snow?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone else get hit with 3 feet of snow?

Post by Big-E »

We got hit with a huge blizzard, went outside and the snow drift was up past my waist (I am 5'11)..pretty bad, power went out for about 4-5 hours..got cold. Good times had by all.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

So far no snow this season, it usually comes like a shock in January/February. Only storm and rain so far ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

we had snow, but just in time for christmas it's gone again....+11 degrees Celsius today... :roll:

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

71 degrees fairenheight here lol

I can walk outside with a t-shirt and shorts, no problems
Gone

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Yes, last night we got 40 cm of snow.

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

were already at 4-5 feets of snow here in Quebec. It's good to see that were not the only folks with real winters. Snowboarding is awesome tho!
-Joie

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I only got a foot of snow, but living out in the country the roads are bad - almost invisible. You get a lot of blowing snow and people just drive right off the roads blinded. It took me all day to shovel my driveway so I can get my car out.
During the summer we had a power outage that lasted 6 days, I went and got a nice power generator, 10 gallon tank, 6500 watt. I now have a plug hookup for my furnance. I can plug in my laptop and modem, TV/dishnetwork, refrig, a lamp or two, and the furnace. I still need to hook up the waterpump for the well - then I can be almost free from any reliance on utilities (still need gasoline and natural gas to run). During the summer I can use the propane grill outside - during the winter they suck because the cold makes the propane weak/low pressure.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

ulysse wrote:were already at 4-5 feets of snow here in Quebec. It's good to see that were not the only folks with real winters. Snowboarding is awesome tho!
I am only a few hours from Quebec, I can be in Montreal in 4 hours...I am not that far away. I used to go to River Du Loup when I was in high school to drink at the bars. (drinking age is 18 in Quebec, 19 else where in Canada).

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Big-E wrote: I am only a few hours from Quebec, I can be in Montreal in 4 hours...I am not that far away. I used to go to River Du Loup when I was in high school to drink at the bars. (drinking age is 18 in Quebec, 19 else where in Canada).
Wow... Riviere-du-loup bars must be so dirty haha. But yeah i assume you live in ontario. Bars close at 2 am there right? We have one hour more here 8)
-Joie

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Dude, you are from Quebec, you should at least know your own geography..think about it..I am from New Brunswick. Yes, our bars also close at 2am, unless you know the right people and the right place to go. ;)

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Oh yeah... New Brunswick hehe sorry if i insulted ya.
-Joie

jaggy1
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by jaggy1 »

:P Gotta put my 2 cents in.....as im in ohio i have a request for all our northern neighbors. Could you pleaseeeeeeeee keep that cold up there? LMAO nothing worse then an alberta clipper coming across lake erie !!

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

we got a few inches a couple weeks ago, the weather here has been 0-30 the last couple of days with some freezing rain and sleet and the next couple days are suppost to get up to 50-60 degrees :? i'm hoping for atleast a freak blizzard on christmas
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Man,
We got hit with almost 4 feet in less than a week and more is coming today. Its been awesome and I am going to snowboard this weekend if I can get to the mountain.

Here is a picture I took on the first day of non-stop snow. On top of the phone booth there is already close to 2 feet of snow.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, snow's been hitting us off and on here, so nothing more than say... 6 inches. Instead, the roads have been layered with thick ice, so cars have been spinning out and whatnot on the roads and highways. Yay for freezing rain, huh? :lol:

Here's a picture:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...