Broken Windows XP..

Problems? Post here...
Uner
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Broken Windows XP..

Post by Uner »

Hey guys.
So I got this problem that I have no idea how to solve. . .
I'm a PC gamer, so I download alot of games, and, quite obviously, cracks. 2-3 weeks ago, however, whilst trying to crack Splinter Cell, I got infected with adware and spyware. I don't use windows that often, so I didn't bother removing them. I think that was sort of irrelevant, but meh, I feel like it's a good idea to mention it either way.

Yeah, well, today morning, I was playing on Windows, and BSOD poped out. After I restarted, Windows doesn't work as supposed anymore. I log on in my account, and after a while, both the toolbar and the desktop stop responding (start menu just freezes and icon dissapear). I tried ending explorer.exe and lunching it again, but after an amount of time, my Task Manager freezes too. I can, however, say that my pc haven't crashed, cause I can still move the cursor and the numpad button on my keyboard still functions properly.

I'm on Safe mode windows right now. If safe mode works whilst normal mode doesn't, I imagine it's probably a malware that lunches at startup that's causing the problem.

I'm using NOD32 and Avast! antivirus. After scanning, Avast! found malicious startup entries and removed them, but the problem still persists.
NOD32, however, doesn't do shit.

All help is appreciated.

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Hmmm well personally i use a great combo to remove spywares from computers.

First off, i run CCleaner

Then, i run Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

after scan is over, i run SDFix

And i finish it up with ComboFix (french program)

And if everything fails... Well there's always Hijackthis.
-Joie

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Also replace Taskman with Process Explorer, you can perform more investigation and surgical Kills. What about a Restore Point? You can try to Restore back to a date when the system was working fine.
Click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

You should always perform a manual restore before DLing cracks or suspicious files.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Re: Broken Windows XP..

Post by floodhound2 »

Uner wrote: I'm on Safe mode windows right now. If safe mode works whilst normal mode doesn't, I imagine it's probably a malware that lunches at startup that's causing the problem.
All help is appreciated.
This is not always true. I recommend looking at my tut on how to clean up windows without using anti virus. I am at work at the moment so I cant do it now. Later on tonight when I get home ill see if i can find it in here some where.